A personal thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
You sure did handle it better than I could/would have Yvonne. WTG.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You all are too kind...thank you so much for all the kind words.

But, in my opinion, we (the mods) allowed it to go on for way too long. We should have nipped it in the bud, and I apologize to all of you for you having to read it. I did remove quite a few of his posts when I saw them, but I really thought he would eventually calm down and behave himself.

I think Susan got caught up in it. If you go back and read her threads, she was an interesting and valuable member. But once Freddy10 joined the forum, her posts started to go downhill.

Thanks again for all your support.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
emysemys said:
You all are too kind...thank you so much for all the kind words.

But, in my opinion, we (the mods) allowed it to go on for way too long. We should have nipped it in the bud, and I apologize to all of you for you having to read it. I did remove quite a few of his posts when I saw them, but I really thought he would eventually calm down and behave himself.

I think Susan got caught up in it. If you go back and read her threads, she was an interesting and valuable member. But once Freddy10 joined the forum, her posts started to go downhill.

Thanks again for all your support.

Couldn't agree more about Susan.. she always had great questions and input on almost every thread. That all took a sudden turn, took me a minute last night to even realize it was the same person. Hopefully she will return and continue to be a positive asset for the forum.
Have a great day Yvonne and thanks for being a person to look up to on the forum when things start to get a little out of control, that was a shining example of what to do when you feel attacked, don't fire back.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I am glad it's done and over with, me and my wife both enjoyed the photo it gave us a nice chuckle. I am glad your a part of this forum Yvonne, your always there to help and answer any and all questions...

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
laramie said:
We love you Yvonne! HUGGSS:D

Ditto!!...Very much Yvonne...it would not be right you being here,
Don't let one agravating....beep...beeep...beeeeeeeeeeeeep!
Put you down.....i know he probably wont but hey!
Like i said,
He is jealous of what you have completed personaly,
and he could not complete with a group of scientists!!!

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I know it's hard when it's directed at you, but it only took a few posts for it to be clear that Freddy is pretty mentally unstable. I feel badly for Susan.

I think that, since it was directed at you, it wasn't your responsibility to shut down. It would have been completely reasonable, but you don't need someone getting upset in the future and accusing you of being retaliatory.

In short, you got singled out by a crazy troll, and I think you handled it well. I hope you don't take it too personally, because I don't think you did anything wrong.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
He just simply started to pick on the wrong member, lol, BANNED!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ALDABRAMAN said:
He just simply started to pick on the wrong member, lol, BANNED!

No he simply decided to start name calling SEVERAL members in here among other rules he was breaking.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I want to stress he was not banned for picking on a member, he was breaking a lot of rules.
and I also agree it should have been stopped sooner, but I was also hoping he would calm down.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
:( Not fair having all that fun without me!!

Well, where in the heck were you in my hour of need? Do you mean to tell me that your husband (who has been out on the road for lord knows how long) coming home takes precedence over helping your fellow forum member? :(

dmmj said:
I want to stress he was not banned for picking on a member, he was breaking a lot of rules.
and I also agree it should have been stopped sooner, but I was also hoping he would calm down.

I was also hoping he would see reason and start to act like a well mannered forum member.

If his invective had been directed to any member on the forum, he would have gotten the same treatment. Let me reiterate the rules in case anyone has forgotten them:

1. Do not post anything blatantly rude and/or insulting
2. Spamming and trolling will not be tolerated
2a. Do not post links to other turtle/tortoise talk forums
3. Do not post explicit or otherwise inappropriate material
4. Refrain from the discussion of any illegal activity
5. Taunting, berating or antagonizing moderators and/or staff will not be tolerated. Issues with our 100% volunteer staff can be directed to [email protected]

As you can see, Freddy10 broke rules #1, 2 and 5. He had to go.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I was in total shock!! Really. I never like to join in when that nonsense is going on, but in this instance, I just had to. You were so cool Yvonne. Unbelievable stuff.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I took some unwarranted rif-raf from Freddy a week or two ago, I saw the posts and was disappointed that he hadn't figured out what the forum was all about. I'm glad this has all been sorted out. Yvonne, you are critical to this forum's utility, Freddy was the antithesis of what this network is about; as such, he met his anticipated (at least for me) ejection.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I think everyone who had any dealing with freddy10, knows that his banning was totally justified. I do not think freddy10 even realized , maybe didn't care, emysemys was a moderator. If freddy10 treated a junior member in the same way, he would be banned just as fast. This forum is the best one I have ever been part of and I am glad this drama is over.

bowmang

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I have been browsing this forum fairly regularly for a couple of months getting ready for my first torts. I have't posted until now, but this collection of threads moves me to comment:
So many of you here are obviously caring, knowledgable, open minded, creative people who love your animals. You have provided me an invaluable array of ideas and guidance in herp care and always have a positive, welcoming, upbeat, accepting attitude. These threads really just demonstrate that even more. Yvonne, TerryO, Aldabraman, HermanniChris, Allegra, all you who have been helping me without knowing me, all you folk deserve only compassion and joy.
I would say for the moderators here that I know this sort of thread doesnt happen very often, but it should be cut off and delisted without much comment. You don't have to coddle the anger.
I'll post my pics and full intro later.
For now, best wishes and many thanks.
Bowman

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I am actually glad I missed this nonsense. Yvonne, you are awesome and you have a pretty cool sister too! Don't let that crap get you down. You are amazing and you do an amazing job taking care of all those turts and torts! They are lucky they have a place to go to where they are loved and cared for unconditionally!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
bowmang said:
Hi all,
I have been browsing this forum fairly regularly for a couple of months getting ready for my first torts. I have't posted until now, but this collection of threads moves me to comment:
So many of you here are obviously caring, knowledgable, open minded, creative people who love your animals. You have provided me an invaluable array of ideas and guidance in herp care and always have a positive, welcoming, upbeat, accepting attitude. These threads really just demonstrate that even more. Yvonne, TerryO, Aldabraman, HermanniChris, Allegra, all you who have been helping me without knowing me, all you folk deserve only compassion and joy.
I would say for the moderators here that I know this sort of thread doesnt happen very often, but it should be cut off and delisted without much comment. You don't have to coddle the anger.
I'll post my pics and full intro later.
For now, best wishes and many thanks.
Bowman

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.