85 gram Sulcata Pyramiding or no?

Yeetster

Location (City and/or State)
West Virginia
Would you consider this pyramiding or just new growth? He is kept in a closed chamber with 85%- 95% at all times so I’m confused?IMG_0809.jpgIMG_0810.jpgIMG_0811.jpg

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Doesn’t look like it to me, my little one looks the same.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
To me yes, looks like slight pyramiding.
It's becoming more clear that the hot mvb lights will still cause pyramiding even in high humidity. My leopards that I hatched was incubated and housed in high humidity. I use mvb and Che's for heat and uvb. They still pyramided.
If your using a mvb and can change it out for a tube fluorescent uvb or if you live where it's warm and can utilize the sun lights uvb several times a day, then ditch the mvb (mercury vapor bulb)

Yeetster

West Virginia
To me yes, looks like slight pyramiding.
It's becoming more clear that the hot mvb lights will still cause pyramiding even in high humidity. My leopards that I hatched was incubated and housed in high humidity. I use mvb and Che's for heat and uvb. They still pyramided.
If your using a mvb and can change it out for a tube fluorescent uvb or if you live where it's warm and can utilize the sun lights uvb several times a day, then ditch the mvb (mercury vapor bulb)

I also have a UVB tube could it be that he isn’t getting enough UVB or what else? I soak him everyday for almost 45-60 minutes and his humidity is always above 80. What else could it be

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
May be the angel I am seeing it. I see a slight raised ridge on the first pic and it looks lesser on the last pic. Maybe even the lighting and how my device pics it up.
If it is showing signs, could have nothing to do with what you are doing. Could be before you even got him. Likely if you keep up your routine, it won't get any worse.

Yeetster

West Virginia
May be the angel I am seeing it. I see a slight raised ridge on the first pic and it looks lesser on the last pic. Maybe even the lighting and how my device pics it up.
If it is showing signs, could have nothing to do with what you are doing. Could be before you even got him. Likely if you keep up your routine, it won't get any worse.

Okay thanks