4.5 year old torts

Jbandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I'm pretty sure one is a boy but the other one I'm not so sure. Any guesses? ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473406944.944549.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473406975.762402.jpg

Jbandy

5 Year Member
California
That's what we thought by the shell but the tail is so much shorter. They are the same age but one is way bigger. The bigger one try's to mount everything in the back yard. It drives me crazy.

Jbandy

5 Year Member
California
Also one wags its tail when it walks. It's very cute. I'm going to try and get a video

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are both still immature, but my guess is that the top pic is a male. The bottom one like its leaning female, but do the two of them live together? The presence of a more dominant male will sometime suppress the appearance of secondary sexual characteristics in another male.

Either way it looks like you'll need to wait a little while longer to be sure. :)

Jbandy

5 Year Member
California
The have the whole backyard to themselves. They do follow each other all over the yard and I find them sleeping right next to each other at night when I get them to Put them away for the night. The big one leads and the little one follows him wagging it's tail.

Jbandy

5 Year Member
California
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473814175.602584.jpgfinally caught them with their tail out. The larger one never has it out

Jbandy

5 Year Member
California
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473814270.747095.jpgdont mind the grass sticking out I cleaned it off after I took the pic. The top one is the larger one they told me was a boy the bottom one we think girl

Jbandy

5 Year Member
California
The different pics are different torts. What one are you talking about. Thanks:)