naughty Frankie update from Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Paisan

5 Year Member
I am back to work full time again so Chris and I haven't been able to check you all out lately. We sure appreciate you all. I know there is at least one other Frank in the forum if not more, but this is 2Paisan with our mis-sexed Russian who ended up a girl named Frankie. We are so happy to welcome nicer weather and let Frankie out these two warmer afternoons. She had a blast yesterday in our temporary enclosure by our raised bed. Chris made it so luxe for her with some of his precious Bonsai trees for shade her hide and shallow water with rocks. Ramps to get up on the sunny patio. But she is so naughty. She just walks all over the 22 x 8 enclosure looking for a way out. She does just what the forum warned us and checks all the corners to try her "ninja" climbing to get out. Do other Russians act like this? We marval at how smart she seems to be. She is an escape artist so we are taking avid note as we construct her final outside enclosure.

On a more frustrating note, I have been watching her shell ever since she came out of hybernation and finally became convinced she has a small case of what our vet and we are calling "dry shell rot" the spot grew so she is getting treatment as discussed here but with anti-fungal and the sunshine now will help.

All of us in Oregon probably feel like we have shell rot....my best momma's present today is a sunny day to enjoy garden, kids, sweet hubby and tort. Have a great day tort mommas!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Nice to hear from you again. Happy Mother's Day to you.

Your tortoise is not unusual in his wanderlust. No matter how big you make the enclosure, they always want it bigger. My tortoises sometimes have the run of five acres and they never stop looking for a way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.