17th Portland Metro Reptile Expo on Sat., Jan. 18, 2014

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I'm not sure who. I've been a real pest for the vendors selling torts and not giving care sheets.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Katie (biochemnerd) and I (lynnedit) were there! But in the morning. :(
We commuted together and Katie had to get back to teach a watercolor class.
We kept looking for your Cowboy hat!!!!!!

It was great, somehow I walked out w/o the baby Ornate box turtle but it is on my mind....

We did meet Terese from Northwest Tortoise, she has wonderful turtles and tortoises and they are well started.

In August (is that the next one?), we need a BETTER plan. Time, meet up place and we all need phone #'s so we can group text. Let's do it!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Yup. I didn't get there until 11:30 despite my best intentions. I had a blast. Next show will be Hillsboro sometime in march I believe. Harpy(Billie) said that I was the creepy guy asking anyone with a tortoise if they knew the care needed, then teaching them proper, and directing them here. If I saw someone walking with a sulcata, I would ask if they knew how big it was going to get, usually I'd get the shoulder shrug of I don't know, and I'd whip out my phone and start showing them pictures. I had more fun than I should have. Met some great new friends and saw some old ones as well.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
We were told by a little bird (Billie?) to look for 'Jeff Foxworthy' in a cowboy hat. And that they had the scoop on you. :D

Yes, I think I have the card about the March show.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I don't look like Jeff, Jeff looks like me. Karen says I better looking though.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1390101338.364571.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390101353.564116.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390101376.246985.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390101397.714532.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390101420.646862.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390101442.113595.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1390101468.980164.jpg
And a couple rescues from Harts International ImageUploadedByTortForum1390101550.780417.jpgpainted completely blue when Mary Ester rescued herImageUploadedByTortForum1390101617.197601.jpg assaulted with a blunt object.

I like the Northern Blue Tongues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Ummm, no it was sad. Mary Ester has spent many hours scrubbing the poor thing trying to get it all off.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Sad yes, but it'd be nice to have a rescue with such a story.

The russians look awesome. If I could I'd take them both :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Zoom in on the one that was beat. Look how much of the poor guys carapace is missing in the front.

The tiger was cool but sad. Those folks don't have the best rep.

Skymall007

5 Year Member
Just got back home from the event! It was amazing! So many amazing animals and people. Plus I am now an official subscriber to Herp Nation. I got to meet Cowboy in person and lots of amazing people. I also saw some baby torts and I couldn't believe how small they were. They grow so fast. It is so fun to be surrounded by others who appreciate these amazing animals

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hey 007, the blue female sulcata, do you know if Mary will be adopting her out?

And it was a pleasure meeting you and getting you in trouble for distracting you from your side of the booth. Lol.

Skymall007

5 Year Member
The blue S. is up for adoption =) Only to those who already have full grown Sulcatas. So def. if you are interested I can get you all the info. Your place sounds like tortoise heaven

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Well, Tiffany, (above) is kinda interested, but she's in Southern California and she wouldn't even drive up here for the show, so I don't know she'd want to drive up here for the tortoise. Ha, Tiffany!

Skymall007

5 Year Member
Ohhhhhh Southern California weather would be much loved for sure. I know Mary Ester sometimes travels down there for expos. =) I can get all the info and send it just in case.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
What ken was trying to say was that I just found out about the show and couldn't drop enough stuff to make the show. I would definitely be interested if he could get transported down here!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Everyone walking around tan instead of mossy.
Next spring I may be interested in her. For me, this is the wrong time of the year to take on anymore largish tortoises. My heated shed is at about maximum occupancy now. I do need to contact Mary for me to make a trip up there. Canby is relatively close.
I haven't shared the deal I worked out to get the male pancake yet because I don't want anyone here hating me. When I was leaving, I stopped at Doug's booth and shows him and told him, and that's just what he said, “I hate you now, Ken!". But it was pretty good, right?

Skymall007

5 Year Member
The Pancake is pretty cute! I shall def. get all the info I can on Big Blue as I call her. I can totally understand the time of year thing. My bearded dragon has been giving me a hard time about it. He somehow knows it's winter no matter how much uv lighting he has. I don't know how he does it especially when my room is kept at around 72 degrees. I shall ask Mary for all the info on Big Blue. It is exciting to know there are interests in her. I know she will find a happy home