1 yr old leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

scomafamily

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
gonzales, tx
this is my tortise table! i need some help here. what changes should be made? we put a lil plate of grass and salad mix we grew in there for her, but take it out when shes done cause takes up space! my husband made it, first timer! the house has the moss in it for her"house". she does have pyramiding, i had her for a yr, and raised her the dry way!! now i know thats bad i wanna get her on the right path!!
thanks for all the help i can get!

Attachments

• DSCN0513.JPG
    DSCN0513.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 218

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That sure is a pretty tortoise, Krystal.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Looks pretty good. The pyramiding is not bad. Its about time to start going bigger on the enclosure. Be careful if you start changing conditions in there. Dampness in an open table like that will lead to a lot of evaporation which leads to a lot of coolness which can lead to a respiratory infection. I don't see any night heat in there, so watch your temps closely. Cool nights in a dry enclosure are usually tolerable. Cool nights in a damp enclosure might be a problem.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
She looks real pretty. She's at the age of growing now, so you should be planning on a bigger enclosure or more outside time. Follow Tom's advice and watch the night temps. lows in the 70's aren't bad, but lower gets chilly for them at that age. I use black lights in my adult's enclosure hide because they like to sleep in there and it stays nice and warm. Others use CHE fixtures. Sounds like you are doing a fine job raising her.

Status
Not open for further replies.