Tortoise not weeing

Lewis12345

Hello,
I don't think that my 1 year old Hermann's tortoise has weed or pooed in over a week. I'm very worried now as this is not normal.
When I bathed him every evening in the days after I got him he would always wee and often poo in his bath, after about only 5-10 minutes.
Now however, he hasn't weed in the bath in ages and he I haven't seen any poo!
He usually eats a few dandelion weeds and salad greens every day, and occasionally he has a quarter of a grape or blueberry.
Please help!
Thanks,
Lewis

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi Lewis
How much food are you giving him? Does he only eat that little out of choice?
I was told to think of his shell as un upturned bowl and to feed enough to fill that daily; if he leaves some - feed less, if he eats all - feed more.
If he's not eating a lot then not much is going to come out, or he could be a poop eater. Maybe he is weeing in his substrate and you don't see it.
Also what are his temps and do you have a uvb source for him?

Lewis12345

Hi Lynn and thanks for the speedy reply.
He needs that little food!! I've been feeding him way more than a pile the size of his shell! Is that the most likely cause of him not pooing?
He has a uva and uvb basking lamp which is on for 12 hours a day. The temps are approx 25 degrees but I can't seem to take an accurate temp reason of his basking spot, it just keeps changing. I'm mystified about the wee, as usually I see the white urates left over on the substrate, but I don't know.