Tortoise seems hungry all the time!

Lewis12345

Hi,
My <1 year old Hermann's tortoise, Mr T, has been acting a bit odd lately. His day lamp comes on at around 6am each morning, as I leave early for school and this way I can feed him in the morning. He usually stirs at around seven and I give him food, usually a couple of dandelion leaves, some rocket or lettuce, and other mixed leaves. The trouble is he eats it hungrily in the morning, but hasnt pooed for days now. I usually leave for school just before he eats, so I never actually see him eating or observe what he does after that.
Then when I get home at around 5:30 pm, he is normally marching round his enclosure and trying to eat anything in sight. And if I offer him more food, he munches on it as fast as lightning then acts normally again. Im just a bit worried that he hasnt pooed in such a while, he used to do a pee and poo in the bath, (I bath him every day at around 6:00).
I also use Nutrobal calcium and d3 supplement twice a week, which he doesnt seem to mind, and he has access to a cuttle bone.
Ive heard that if torts swallow something large they can become impacted, which is a worry as in his pet shop he was on wood chippings, but he eats normally, which I dont think signals impaction?
Thanks for any help and advice,
Lewis