This forum needs a rodent topic!

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
I love snakes and used to own two ball pythons and an albino Burmese. I only ever fed frozen/thawed food.
I get the feeling you're making comments like these in an attempt to rile up rat lovers.

Somebody's got to love the little guys, it's just not for me :)

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Hi. Believe me it was a serious question, i.e. I was NOT joking.
Oh jeez. Okay, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................................................
I can't. I can't choose just one. I love all animals. If I had the space, I'd love to have an alligator, crocodile, horses, bear, skunks, porcupine, all the snakes, ducks, chickens, Aldabra torts, etc. I can't just choose one. I can't even choose one dog breed. I love rotties, pits, sheps, mastiffs, pyramese, coonhounds, dobies, puli, catahoula, etc. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Oh jeez. Okay, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................................................
I can't. I can't choose just one. I love all animals. If I had the space, I'd love to have an alligator, crocodile, horses, bear, skunks, porcupine, all the snakes, ducks, chickens, Aldabra torts, etc. I can't just choose one. I can't even choose one dog breed. I love rotties, pits, sheps, mastiffs, pyramese, coonhounds, dobies, puli, catahoula, etc. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE
If you put them all together in the yard, they could decide for you by natural selection.;)
My money's on the chickens:)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Ok, I won't make you choose. That's so nice to hear: that you love all animals. Where did all this love come from? if I may ask. If it's a private matter, you needn't answer: I can asuure you that I respect privacy.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Ok, I won't make you choose. That's so nice to hear: that you love all animals. Where did all this love come from? if I may ask. If it's a private matter, you needn't answer: I can asuure you that I respect privacy.
I don't know, I've just always loved animals. I like spiders, too, though if one is on me I want to know before it is on me so I can realize it's on me and not freak when I see it. I only freak for half a second because it's a "Oh jeezbus what is that?!" then "oh okay just a spider".
People suck, animals don't. I guess that's what it comes down to.
Anyway. LOOK AT MAH TOADY FRIEND
I'm trying to figure out species. Any ideas?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439477049.458161.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 9

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I don't know, I've just always loved animals. I like spiders, too, though if one is on me I want to know before it is on me so I can realize it's on me and not freak when I see it. I only freak for half a second because it's a "Oh jeezbus what is that?!" then "oh okay just a spider".
Oh...don't ask me. I've never been fond of animals, till 4.5 years ago when I got Oli (my beloved tort), and it took me as well as Oli to adapt, believe me. This may sound funny: I am scared to death of dogs, and therefore hate them. My apologies to all those who have dogs.
I agree with you: animals are much more faithful/loyal than many people, I regret to say.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Oh...don't ask me. I've never been fond of animals, till 4.5 years ago when I got Oli (my beloved tort), and it took me as well as Oli to adapt, believe me. This may sound funny: I am scared to death of dogs, and therefore hate them. My apologies to all those who have dogs.
I agree with you: animals are much more faithful/loyal than many people, I regret to say.
That's sad. What happened to make you fear dogs?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
That's sad. What happened to make you fear dogs?
Yes very sad. But someone we know got bitten by a dog very, very long ago.The poor child was hospitalized and things seemed serious. We were children, but that incident has been engraved in my mind ever since. I repeat I was a child, PLUS I am a very sensitive person.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Yes very sad. But someone we know got bitten by a dog very, very long ago.The poor child was hospitalized and things seemed serious. We were children, but that incident has been engraved in my mind ever since. I repeat I was a child, PLUS I am a very sensitive person.
It's okay. That's usually how people become fearful of dogs. Something happened as a kid and a dog attacked and now they're fearful. It's understandable.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It's okay. That's usually how people become fearful of dogs. Something happened as a kid and a dog attacked and now they're fearful. It's understandable.
Yes you're right. I just cannot get over the shock.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yep.
i'm pretty sure that's an Eastern American Toad Anaxyrus americanus.
Lovely animal.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
We seem to have wandered rather off topic.
Sorry Spud's Mum.
I used to keep gerbils, hamsters, mice and rats as a boy, but not all at the same time.
Loved them to bits, especially when a hamster severely bit my dad.
ha de ha.