Cheddar's posts :) (pic heavy!)

Prairie Mom

I have no doubt in my mind cheddar was very well loved.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge

when an animal dies who is especially close to someone here that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.there are meadows & hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together.they have plenty of food and water and sunshine so our friends are warm and comfortable.

all the animals that have been ill or old have been restored to health and vigorr.those who were hurt or maimed are made strong and whole again.just as we remember them in our memories of days come by.the animals are happy and content except for one small thing they each miss someone very special who had to be left behind.

they all run and play together but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. his bride eyes are intent his eager body quivers. suddenly he begins to run from the group flying over the green grass his leg carrying him faster and faster.

you have been spotted when you and your special friend finally meet you clean together in joyous reunion never to be parted again. the happy kisses rain upon your face. your hand again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your beloved pet so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.......
David is always so thoughtful:) Love that he shared this poem on your thread! He's written an adaptation for tortoises that's pretty neat.

Hope you're doing alright today @spudthetortoise !:<3::<3::<3:

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Spud's Mom, I have heard the sad news and just wanted to drop you a note to say how sorry I am for your loss. So many of us enjoy your pet threads, so thank you for sharing your pets with us. It is very obvious that you are caring and dedicated pet owner. Your little Cheddar is over the Rainbow Bridge now telling other pets over there how wonderful his Mom was to him. Let your heart grieve but be comforted by always remembering that your contributed to the Great Circle of life by by loving and giving best care to your little Cheddar❤️ sending you warm hugs from Texas

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
I was finally strong enough the go over this thread again tonight.
I don't think we really realise quite how lucky We are to have something until we loose it.

Damn I miss that little guy, just like all the others.
I could really do with a little cheddar hug right now as I'm lying I'll in bed.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry but I failed.

I wonder what he's doing up in heaven right now... Probably making a mess and eating Cheerios :,)

Thank you all again for your support.
We will all miss him and I am glad he was able to bring joy to our lives.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Are you ill ?
oh, dear, just before Christmas!! :(
It's good to cry. Cheddar was worth a few tears.
He was lovely and i miss him, too.
but we have all these photos and peoples comments as well as you loving remarks.
he was a happy little fellow. :)

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Are you ill ?
oh, dear, just before Christmas!! :(
It's good to cry. Cheddar was worth a few tears.
He was lovely and i miss him, too.
but we have all these photos and peoples comments as well as you loving remarks.
he was a happy little fellow. :)
Yeah, I'm ill :(
Have been for a few days.
Think I've developed tonsillitis and I've also got ulcers in my mouth which isn't comfortable either :(

I do t want to be ill on Christmas! :(

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yeah, I'm ill :(
Have been for a few days.
Think I've developed tonsillitis and I've also got ulcers in my mouth which isn't comfortable either :(

I do t want to be ill on Christmas! :(
How awful! :(
What rotten luck, you really should go to the doctor!

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Most of you know that I've recently purchased some new little girlies.

One thing I'd like to make clear is:
I AM NOT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM TRYING TO REPLACE ANY OF MY PREVIOUS COMPANIONS.

I do miss the way cheddar used to climb out of the cage. He was always special and was this tame since day one.

My new little ones aren't as tame but we are teaching them to trust us and they are now happily sitting on our hands. (Not so sure about being picked up though!)

Anyway, if you'd like to meet them then they have a thread called 'Pip and Squeak's thread'

May the memories cheddar and all the others over the rainbow bridge forever live on in our hearts and may we enjoy all the animals that we are blessed with today. :)