This forum needs a rodent topic!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I'm becoming very confused because what I was told was a fowler's toad appears to actually be eastern American toad and other such confusions.
I need to research this more.
Don't think so.
Fowler's are a different shape and the warts are dark.
Your Eastern has pale warts with dark surrounds.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I lean toward eastern as well, I think the raised "V" on the top of the head around the eyes is an eastern thing that doesn't appear in Fowler's. Either way I love toads. My parents let me have reptiles and amphibians as a kid. I'm new to having furry pets.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Don't think so.
Fowler's are a different shape and the warts are dark.
Your Eastern has pale warts with dark surrounds.
Yeah I know now I have my toads mixed up. Months ago I shared a picture of a toad that likes to sit on my front step at night eating bugs from the outside light onto a page on Facebook that supposedly knows reptiles and amphibians well. Everyone said it was a fowler's toad. When I googled the name for images it seemed to confirm, but now when I google it says that toad is an eastern while a fowler's toad is something totally different. But that toad from months ago doesn't look 100% like this toad now. They're similar, makes me think close cousins, but they're not 100% the same.
I need to research more.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
I used to breed/rescue gerbils and other rodents :) I had like a hundred plus at one point since someone dropped off all these pregnant females.

Now I only have one poor lonely gerbil. His buddy died of old age complications last week.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440627187.874439.jpg

ILoveTorts&Gerbils

Aww. Lily's a PAH adoption rescue. We tried to introduce her to Cleo, via the split cage method. Unfortunately, it didn't work out.