Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You remember a while back, SO, the Aldabran tortoise broke though the fence separating his yard from the Gulf Coast box turtle yard:

SO 3-2-15 b.jpg SO 3-2-15 e.jpg

Well, William reinforced that section with a few pieces of scrap plywood and a pallet. The last time William came up from San Diego, I showed him where SO was starting to break apart the wood at that section yet AGAIN, so he pounded in some T posts o discourage SO from that area:

broken fence c.jpg

After he realized he couldn't get through that section anymore, he moved down the line to the other end of that fence and broke through once more:

broken fence a.jpg

I bought enough T posts to place them all along that whole section, but I run out of steam after about 5 of them:

broken fence d.jpg

If he really tried, I'm sure he could bend those posts and get in there. I only hope he doesn't start demolishing the other fences around his yard. They would allow escape. He's going in there looking for something to eat. I guess all that nice, green grass in his yard isn't to his liking. There is a peach tree outside the fence at the top of the picture and it smells of rotten peaches up there, and there is a fig tree in the YF yard on the other side of the pond where he broke through yesterday. Honest folks, I really do feed this tortoise.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Water lots and lots of water . I turn my hose on and flood them morning and night .

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
You remember a while back, SO, the Aldabran tortoise broke though the fence separating his yard from the Gulf Coast box turtle yard:

View attachment 215571 View attachment 215572

Well, William reinforced that section with a few pieces of scrap plywood and a pallet. The last time William came up from San Diego, I showed him where SO was starting to break apart the wood at that section yet AGAIN, so he pounded in some T posts o discourage SO from that area:

View attachment 215575

After he realized he couldn't get through that section anymore, he moved down the line to the other end of that fence and broke through once more:

View attachment 215576

I bought enough T posts to place them all along that whole section, but I run out of steam after about 5 of them:

View attachment 215577

If he really tried, I'm sure he could bend those posts and get in there. I only hope he doesn't start demolishing the other fences around his yard. They would allow escape. He's going in there looking for something to eat. I guess all that nice, green grass in his yard isn't to his liking. There is a peach tree outside the fence at the top of the picture and it smells of rotten peaches up there, and there is a fig tree in the YF yard on the other side of the pond where he broke through yesterday. Honest folks, I really do feed this tortoise.
He's persistent!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Geez. I have some seeds left over from the 100,000th post contest, so I was going to count Mike's single word posts, including mine, and then subtract them to see who really made the 100,000th post, and sent the seeds to them. Wouldn't you know it? I come out that person again. Someone else take a look at it. I come up with 51 of Mike's single posts, then I added my post, making it 52. When I go to 100,052 it's me again. So I went to the next person and it's Mike and he's disqualified, then me then Mike again twice. Looks like it might be Elohi, but I'd like someone else to double check my figures. Take out Mike's one word posts. Take out my winning posts. And see if you come up with Elohi. Let me know.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

View attachment 215571 View attachment 215572

View attachment 215575

View attachment 215576

View attachment 215577

You have your hands full!!
I wish members lived closer to you so they could help more.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
It's so hard going to someone's house with two CDT and they just roam the yard with a dog.

No water dish, romaine lettuce, broccoli & fruit. I think they feed it other stuff but this is what I witnessed. She did say the liked hibiscus and cactus pads so that's good.

They are 35 yrs old and look great.
I did tell her that they can't process sugar but it went in one ear and out the other. I threw out other things but again they know best.

It's so hard because you just want the best for them and you want to educate but you really can't.

Guess what? I didn't even take a picture!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Geez. I have some seeds left over from the 100,000th post contest, so I was going to count Mike's single word posts, including mine, and then subtract them to see who really made the 100,000th post, and sent the seeds to them. Wouldn't you know it? I come out that person again. Someone else take a look at it. I come up with 51 of Mike's single posts, then I added my post, making it 52. When I go to 100,052 it's me again. So I went to the next person and it's Mike and he's disqualified, then me then Mike again twice. Looks like it might be Elohi, but I'd like someone else to double check my figures. Take out Mike's one word posts. Take out my winning posts. And see if you come up with Elohi. Let me know.
No matter how you single me out I'm still the winner . Hahah

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Does that mean you had a change of heart and need my address? Hahaha

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty sure it's Elohi, but I'll double check my figures after while. Right now I have to go feed the critters.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I'm pretty sure it's Elohi, but I'll double check my figures after while. Right now I have to go feed the critters.
No need to double check my math... I won and I'll be over shortly to collect my prize. Since the price is late I've changed the reward to compensate for interest. BO and SO should make up for the late payment. Just think, it will save you some work on your fence

Lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No need to double check my math... I won and I'll be over shortly to collect my prize. Since the price is late I've changed the reward to compensate for interest. BO and SO should make up for the late payment. Just think, it will save you some work on your fence

Lol

Oh, if only...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OK, so I counted 52 disqualified posts. Going to post #100,052, that's Mike, 53 was Mike, 54 was Mike, 55 was me, 56 was Mike and the next post is a legitimate post made by Elohi. So, @Elohi , Monica, if you'll PM me your address, I have some seeds to send you as a prize for being the 100,000th legitimate post on this thread.

@Elohi

Theguy67 also won a prize for this contest.

Congratulations to both of you.​