Oh man. . . I hate when that happens!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I had something similar. . .

I'm not a mechanic, and there's no one I can call upon to do mechanic things for me, so truck or lawnmower, I have to hire it done.

I bought my little toy rider from Sears a couple years ago, and every Spring I call Sears Home Services and they send out a technician to service the toy mower. It's only been a couple weeks since he was here, to the tune of $265. . . not quite half of that was the callout fee. So now here it is, a couple weeks later, and I mowed the Russian yard, the CDT yard and started on the Texas yard when the engine started to lope. I continued to mow and after another pass it died, never to start again! It has fresh gas. So I put in another call to Sears Home Services. By this time me and the technician are on a first name basis. Neal will be here Friday between 1p and 5p.
And well... maybe 🤔 it will not be as bad a price since it's only been a couple of weeks. Hopefully. Tomorrow I get my new oven (only lasted a year and a half) fixed with hopefully a part that lasts a few years this time. My guys name is Nick 😁 he likes Razberri so maybe she'll butter him up a bit.😉

EricW

Houston, TX
Seafoam! Dump it in your tank before you disassemble the carb again, when it goes back together, it's be fine....but cut a filter in there somewhere is you can! A riding mower...should have a couple gallons of gas to mix a full can of Seafoam...don't worry bout that label, pour it in!

Y's machine sounds like it is leaning out, it will start, maybe with full choke but that screw needs to be turned in, the one on the right if there are two. There' a rule about if the screw is before or after the carb, but like this thread title, I hate when I can't remember what it is!
So just any Seafoam? Or is is the Atlantic seafoam better than the Pacific? I assume avoid the brown, nasty seafoam at the dirty ports right?

Galveston Bay may not be a good place.....maybe I'll go further west, east no good going into Louisiana.

Okay....bad joke, but I didn't know what it was till I looked it up haha.

NamedNut

SW Washington
I had something similar. . .

I'm not a mechanic, and there's no one I can call upon to do mechanic things for me, so truck or lawnmower, I have to hire it done.

I bought my little toy rider from Sears a couple years ago, and every Spring I call Sears Home Services and they send out a technician to service the toy mower. It's only been a couple weeks since he was here, to the tune of $265. . . not quite half of that was the callout fee. So now here it is, a couple weeks later, and I mowed the Russian yard, the CDT yard and started on the Texas yard when the engine started to lope. I continued to mow and after another pass it died, never to start again! It has fresh gas. So I put in another call to Sears Home Services. By this time me and the technician are on a first name basis. Neal will be here Friday between 1p and 5p.
Classic! How big are your tortoise yards?

NamedNut

SW Washington
Seafoam! Dump it in your tank before you disassemble the carb again, when it goes back together, it's be fine....but cut a filter in there somewhere is you can! A riding mower...should have a couple gallons of gas to mix a full can of Seafoam...don't worry bout that label, pour it in!

Y's machine sounds like it is leaning out, it will start, maybe with full choke but that screw needs to be turned in, the one on the right if there are two. There' a rule about if the screw is before or after the carb, but like this thread title, I hate when I can't remember what it is!
Seafoam is great stuff.

I blame ethanol fuels.