How do we get vet list updated?

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I referred a gal based on the list for Washington to Steven Carr in Newport and he should not be on the list. He said a grossly overgrown beak was just fine and 'it would go down naturally.'

Terese Meyer
www.Northwesttortoise.com
visit me on FaceBook at Northwest Tortoise

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Any of the moderators can make adjustments to the vet list. Just send one of us a PM.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I have had several really bad overgrown beaks correct themselves by putting a flat paving stone and terra-cotta saucers in the enclosure. I also have seen my Leopard tortoises seek out rough surfaces and "trim" their beaks on them. How overgrown was this particular beak?

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I have had several really bad overgrown beaks correct themselves by putting a flat paving stone and terra-cotta saucers in the enclosure. I also have seen my Leopard tortoises seek out rough surfaces and "trim" their beaks on them. How overgrown was this particular beak?

Thanks for the input but I know when a beak needs a vet (or someone that can do it) or it will wear naturally. The upper jaw was growing over the lower jaw far enough to prevent the mouth from opening properly.

Terese Meyer

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Go to the Forum page and click on "Members" then under "notable members" click on "Staff Members"

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Thanks for the input but I know when a beak needs a vet (or someone that can do it) or it will wear naturally. The upper jaw was growing over the lower jaw far enough to prevent the mouth from opening properly.

Terese Meyer
Sorry. I should have worded that better. What I meant was to ask the question: How does one know when a beak is too overgrown to be corrected on it's own? Not: How do you know it needs to be corrected? which would imply to some that I am questioning your knowledge. I wasn't. I was simply sighting personal examples of what I had seen get self corrected.