Calling all Sulcata keepers in the Northwest!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
If it weren't for that factor alone, I'd be helping Teresa out. I need a sponsor here at the Circle Double K Tortoise and Cat Ranch. Heck fire, we've for the room, (5 acres) of southern exposure it's just the means to take more in that is stopping us.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Seen a cute little baby sulcata in the pet shop is what got me interested in tortoises. But after some research I decided that I just could not make it work. my biggest fear was actually finding a home for one if for some reason I had to. I plan on keeping my animals forever but sometimes life happens and a smaller tortoise is just much easier to keep. I was glad that I could resist the temp Tatian, I wish other people could too.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I hear you with that. I've got 3 hatchling sulcata that I haven't even really put up for sale, not because I need hatchlings, but because I'm fairly diligent in my need to place them in, “real" homes.

chaseswife

5 Year Member
I have one baby sulcata- we think he is almost 2 months. I start daydreaming about maybe if he is really a she, someday we could find her a boyfriend and then have lots of adorable babies. .. Then I read posts like this that remind me that I only need one sulcata, only have room for one sulcata, and there are plenty of other people making sulcata babies already.

I hope you all can find homes for them. Here in Arizona we don't seem to have THIS problem so much.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
If it weren't for that factor alone, I'd be helping Teresa out. I need a sponsor here at the Circle Double K Tortoise and Cat Ranch. Heck fire, we've for the room, (5 acres) of southern exposure it's just the means to take more in that is stopping us.
Don't sponsor me, sponsor Teresa.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Wow! Imagine my surprise when overnight my thread went from 8 to 24 posts! I'm thinking the members have really come through! I have options! I can help these torts! Imagine the let down when EVERY post had nothing to do with potential options!!! I see the humor in it!

For the record: I'm working with one member on one of them. That's the only response I've gotten.

And Ken: Quit calling me TeresA! I know you know my name!

Terese Meyer
www.Northwesttortoise.com
visit me on FaceBook at Northwest Tortoise

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wow! Imagine my surprise when overnight my thread went from 8 to 24 posts! I'm thinking the members have really come through! I have options! I can help these torts! Imagine the let down when EVERY post had nothing to do with potential options!!! I see the humor in it!

For the record: I'm working with one member on one of them. That's the only response I've gotten.

And Ken: Quit calling me TeresA! I know you know my name!

Terese Meyer
www.Northwesttortoise.com
visit me on FaceBook at Northwest Tortoise
LOL it was late. Gosh.

amberley layne

ohio
If you get any calls for tourtiouses in southern Ohio. I would love to adopt them . I have great facilities and all the time and dedication these guys need. Prefer sulcatas or leopards. My number is 937-210-8488. Thanks. If I lived closer I would love to help.

Magilla504

I can't remember the name but there was a west coast member a few days ago wanting to adopt a sulcata. I'll see if I can go back through the threads and find who it was.
Good luck with your placements

amberley layne

ohio
I live in Ohio and I'm willing to rescue any sulcata or leopard that comes available. My number is 937-310-8488

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
As a public service, I'd like to make sure that all involved in this thread to please take note that lvstorts operates out of the Pacific Northwest. Thank you.

Magilla504

Kaykay199 is looking for a sulcata right now in the adoption section. Not sure where they live. Hope this helps your cause!

fiveash

5 Year Member
I have room live in Georgia where it dosent get too cold. And building new enclosure pretty often

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
I live in Ft Lewis, Wa and I'm interested in adopting tortoise that's large enough to be outside most of the time weather permitting of course. I currently have a baby Leo called Turbo, and he is doing great, as far as other pets I have a 15 lbs dog named Apollo and a subadult bearded dragon we call Toodles, they all have their separate areas and are very well taken care off. I have a fenced back yard that is pesticide free, I would prefer a tortoise species that doesn't hibernate but that's not set in stone as long as it's mostly outside. Not in a rush or anything but if one comes up let me know.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
I live in Ft Lewis, Wa and I'm interested in adopting tortoise that's large enough to be outside most of the time weather permitting of course. I currently have a baby Leo called Turbo, and he is doing great, as far as other pets I have a 15 lbs dog named Apollo and a subadult bearded dragon we call Toodles, they all have their separate areas and are very well taken care off. I have a fenced back yard that is pesticide free, I would prefer a tortoise species that doesn't hibernate but that's not set in stone as long as it's mostly outside. Not in a rush or anything but if one comes up let me know.

I'll put you on the interested list. Not sure if you saw the update to this thread but all Sulcatas have been rehomed/dealt with. One even turned out to be a Russian!

I'd suggest more research on keeping a Sulcata through a Northwest winter. I'm fostering a 12 pound one now and I've found him to be a complete pain in the rear-end! Also a fence that is not reinforced will not keep in a big Sulcata. Last summer I had a 35 pounder for 2 weeks awaiting transport to a new home and she busted through my wood fence like it was nothing. The fence was in good shape and posts were concreted as well!

Thanks for the interest, and I'll put you on the list.

Hermes

Lake Butler, Fl
Lol ok I'll reinforce it anyways just in case and yeah I've been reading about keeping them outdoors in this area. Also I knew you had already dealt with all the ones you had and about the Russian lol that's why I said I'm not in a rush, but I would rather help out by adopting one rather than getting a new turtle somewhere.