High Yellow Radiated?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
My answer is yes it is worth.. sometime u have to put 2x effort to wins a woman heart coz thrs hundred or mayb thousand of men wanting to get her.
But after decades , no matter how pretty was the girl , her appearance might not be the same. We cant simply dump our gf or wife and look for a younger and pretty ones rite
?Haha

Appearance might change , but not the heart and thought.At least we had our moments.

No matter how they changed into , i still love them. Same goes to my wife :D
Good analogy indeed. I unfortunately don't feel this way about humans. But for sure with animals. I'll take them any appearance really. To me it's just not my thing paying so much more for something that could change. I have a radiata that was very very colorful when young, would of been worth a lot more than a "normal" one at the time(11 years ago) and now he's just completely dark and very "normal" so I don't like falling into the "for looks" game. I do say though witch some represented here as posted those sure will be nice animals any which way they fade, or radiate or keep there pattern or not.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
On a side note, you should always have permission to post pics of other people's tortoises. The above comment has pictures of Bill Z's tortoises. And he is very particular about sharing his images. If you do, no worries.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
On a side note, you should always have permission to post pics of other people's tortoises. The above comment has pictures of Bill Z's tortoises. And he is very particular about sharing his images. If you do, no worries.
Those in the boxes are his .....the babies below are bloodlines from those and are mine ....just an example. BTW I have tons of my pics posted all over the net without my permission .....even one used on packaging. I find it more of a compliment ...than a complaint.

I will take it down just for you DeadVET

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Not trying to create a problem, but the majority of people I know do not want their images used without permission. It's a intellectual property thing. I am glad you don't mind. Me personally, I have a problem with it, my photos, my property.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Hummmm...won't let me ....may I provide you with a Bill of Sale and stud book numbers>?
Here is one from Springer from 06

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
maybe the Mod can delete it ......I don't think I should post the whole Email .... Do you ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Let's just let it drop now. Credit for the picture and explanation has been given. If people don't want their pictures reproduced on the 'net, then they need to add some sort of 'water mark' to the photo. Any photo one finds on the net that isn't so marked is free game.

We have seen some of Aldabraman's photos turning up in 'for sale' ads on other classified sites with no credit given to Aldabraman, and the photos are in the ad as if these were the actual tortoises for sale. This type of thing should be against the law...however, once your photo is out there in world wide web land, and if you don't have identity on the photo, there's not much you can do about someone using them.

http://www.dwuser.com/education/content/stop-the-thieves-strategies-to-protect-your-images/

this site suggest you can block the default 'right click' option. I don't know how to do this, but I know several times I have tried to copy/paste something from the web but was blocked from the right click on the page/picture.

jonckt

5 Year Member
The Land Below The Wind
All of you do realize they will look nothing like this when very old? To each is own but the extreme pattern of any star, leopard, pancake, radiata or spider tortoise will all end up faded out when mature and aged. Yes this may be many many years and decades down the line. But is it worth it?

Hahahah,

Just like some guys after a super model body figure and face look.... Eventually super model will turn into Aunt and Nanny........ :)

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
This is a beautiful pattern! Even if it is debatable whether this individual should be considered "high yellow", the markings are stunning nonetheless. Radiata of this quality coloring and pattern are pretty hard to come by in my opinion.

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414072218.749672.jpg This is what I would consider a high yellow Radiated tortoise to look like; just a little more yellow growth and golden coloring instead of the darker markings...but both are beautiful!