hi im new : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

5 Year Member
hey guys i am new to the forum so just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself! my name is katherine (shocking im sure- considering my username) and i am the proud owner of three large adult sulcatas (10-16 years old) many of their offspring from various clutches in all stages of tortoise-life; three beautiful leopard tortoises; and one lonely russian tortoise. we also have a breeding colony of 20-30 louisiana box turtles we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of life for our turts and tortoises and since not many people we know keep them as pets i thought this forum might be a cool place to network. been raising sulcatas for just under a decade now and still routinely try new things to improve their husbandry. we live in louisiana so our temperature and humidity are a far cry from the plains of africa but i think we are doing a pretty good job moderating and our tortoises all seem to thrive. look forward to getting to know you and sharing ideas with other tortoise owners: )

Attachments

• IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
*waves* Hi Katherine! Nice looking sulcata. Will be interesting to see your enclosures and the Leopards and box turtles too! Glad you have found us!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Welcome! Beautiful sulcatas! :) I'd love to see photos of your others and some of your setups! Maybe you can show some of us some creative ideas.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Katherine:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Your sulcatas a beautiful!!

Like the others have said...I'd love to see pictures of everyone!

Katherine

5 Year Member
Thnks for the warm welcomes! I will definitely post some pictures when I figure out how to navigate better and when it's not dark outside : ) the attached pic is actually about a year old, didn't have a current one handy as I use the forum on my phone.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum Katherine! Nice Sullies you got there! you have any problems with fighting?

Katherine

5 Year Member
Thnx and Not really. The female (darker one) in the first pic I uploaded is a bit of a bully but they have enough space to stay out of eachothers hair and occasionally they spare but nothing that looks serious. Occasionally mating gets aggressive and I'll separate the girls for some r&r for a few months bc I worry for their continuously mounted shells. No blood baths though from torts all the same general size. The juveniles all get along amazingly well, thnk goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.