Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlincoln

5 Year Member
Hello everyone. I have a sulcata tortiose. She is a little over a year old. I actually just found out that my tortiose is a girl so I am not sure what to name her. Here is a close up pic of her taken a few days ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.3 KB · Views: 15

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) first thing you need to do is get rid of that pellet substrate and get her on some coconut coir, cypress mulch or plain dirt. Also, at a year old, they are too young too sex. So she may be a he. Get your four temps right and some humidity in her enclosure and you can get her to possibly keep growing smooth. She has some pyramiding, but not bad. Check out Toms threads below in my post. They will explain the temps and humidity. Soak at least every other day for 20-30 minutes in warm water and also have water to drink and or soak in available 24/7.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...i love my sulcata too. You cannot tell the sex of your sully till they are atleast 4-5 years old. Unless they were temp. Sexed. Where did you get your new little buddy? Must often from a breeder, only reason I say that is because they still use pellets. Pellets really dont work to well any more. They cause problems. Like mold for one. Sulcatas require humidity. Those pelets will definitely mold. Anyways. Below my signature there are some threads. They are very helpful and informative in the correct way to raise your sulcata. I have used these. And many here have with success.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi mlincoln and welcome to the Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.