4.6lb Leopard

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
His last weigh in was on his 2nd birthday and it was around 2lbs. It's only been 4 months! Talk about a growth spurt.

Our house hunting begins soon....I have big plans for this guys new digs...especially since we are looking for country property on acreage ;)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
What a nice looking "baby"!

May I ask how long you been rise this lovely Leo?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking good. I think it's funny, to me the boys, your Levi and my Tatum both look like boys in the face and others i'v seen. The two girls I have, look girlie, like not so grumpy or something. Smaller head and smoother head, if that makes sense.
Good luck on your house search. Are you going to get more torts when you find that special place or just concentrate on Levi?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Looking good. I think it's funny, to me the boys, your Levi and my Tatum both look like boys in the face and others i'v seen. The two girls I have, look girlie, like not so grumpy or something. Smaller head and smoother head, if that makes sense.
Good luck on your house search. Are you going to get more torts when you find that special place or just concentrate on Levi?

I notice this as well but for me, still quite some time to know for sure. But there is a very significant difference in freckles and summer's heads than beans and Watson's heads. Dainty heads vs beefier heads. Sweet look vs grumpy look as well. Hmmm.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I notice this as well but for me, still quite some time to know for sure. But there is a very significant difference in freckles and summer's heads than beans and Watson's heads. Dainty heads vs beefier heads. Sweet look vs grumpy look as well. Hmmm.

Keep track of the dainty heads and beefy heads(well put, I couldn't think of how to explain, you said exactly what I was tryin to say it) and see if there is anything too this. It would be interesting to know if at a younger age, with these different looks, if it works out with their sex.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I noticed the differences in male/female faces too!

I'm going to concentrate on Levi. I still don't know what's in store for me in winter time...I'm the girl who has never been in snow remember LOL
I am reading up on keeping chickens and plan to keep horses.

I've raised him since he was 4 weeks old. He came from @Torts"R"Us
He hatched in April of 2012

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, going big. Horses are great used to have and show them, many, many moons ago:eek: I had chickens too back then. Didn't like the pop all over of the chickens. :mad::p Snow sucks, I hate it, but just think about the new clothes and boots you get too buy. :D

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I had a horse I worked with back in CA. I miss him terribly. He was yet another loved animal I had to say goodbye to. But I hope to get the perfect place and then I'll try to bring him up here :p . His owners are an elderly couple who couldn't work with him as much anymore, which is why I worked with him and we joked about me taking him to OR... and so maybe..we'll see.

We had to leave our mouser cat behind with a friend. She is also on the "bring to our new place list". She'll make a perfect barn cat :) and it'll be nice to get her back. We miss her but at least she is in good safe hands.

Actually, after thinking about your question last night, would I get more torts?.... the answer is No for a few reasons. I've had to downsize so much that it kinda broke my heart. So I'm no where near ready to jump back into it with new ones.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I had a horse I worked with back in CA. I miss him terribly. He was yet another loved animal I had to say goodbye to. But I hope to get the perfect place and then I'll try to bring him up here :p . His owners are an elderly couple who couldn't work with him as much anymore, which is why I worked with him and we joked about me taking him to OR... and so maybe..we'll see.

We had to leave our mouser cat behind with a friend. She is also on the "bring to our new place list". She'll make a perfect barn cat :) and it'll be nice to get her back. We miss her but at least she is in good safe hands.

Actually, after thinking about your question last night, would I get more torts?.... the answer is No for a few reasons. I've had to downsize so much that it kinda broke my heart. So I'm no where near ready to jump back into it with new ones.

I hope all your plans work out seamlessly!! I'm sorry about your broken heart. :(

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's hard to do what you had too do. Don't know if I could. Hope your house hunting goes quickly and you find exactly what you want so you can get those animals back with you.:)