107 year old Hermanns tortoise

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
That crossed my mind too!
Realistically though I still don't know if I'd trust them to look after Lola and not just take the money and run.
There would have to be all sorts of conditions attached.
Ever heard of a trust fund? Devious. put it in the will that they get a certain amount every year that The tortoise lives.... they will bend over backwards to make sure that tortoise surviveS...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ever heard of a trust fund? Devious. put it in the will that they get a certain amount every year that The tortoise lives.... they will bend over backwards to make sure that tortoise surviveS...
Yes I think that's the way to go.:)
I can see a right old family bust up at my funeral as they all fight to give Lola a home!!
I'm prob worth more dead than alive!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Someone should start a thread (if it hasn't already)about what we're going to do with our tortoise/s when we die.... it Might give some of us Ideas on how to plan for the future...

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
That crossed my mind too!
Realistically though I still don't know if I'd trust them to look after Lola and not just take the money and run.
There would have to be all sorts of conditions attached.
You could always hold some interviews for potential keepers for an "in the event" kind of thing. That way you know ahead of time that your babies will be in good hands in case something happens to you. I would definitely do that; Steve is like my son. Luckily I think my future mother-in-law will be happy to take care of Steve. She loves animals and even though snakes are her favorite reptile, I think she's quite taken with her first "grandkid." :<3:

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Oh my goodness, what a classic idea! ;D I'll be sure to pass this along to my fiancé!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth