a conversation we all need to have I had with a friend the other day

newCH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
So.FL
My son will look after Sheldon. We already talked about it.

turtlemanfla88

dude i just read your quote it cracked me up. my collection will be divided between my children and two of my friends who are my brothers from other mothers.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My animals are to be kept here at my house . The wife made me a promise she will keep them . If the wife and I die my three boys are their care takers . I let them all know if they sell my babies I will haunt them untill all animals are retuned . Hahaha evil laugh!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Yeah....I've thought about it....but it is a must to discuss where my torts shall ever go! To be honest I don't trust anyone with my torts!!!!!!! Not saying they wouldn't try, but I don't know anyone quite like me that would really try and take care of them :(. Everyone's too busy in their lives. But I really should find someone or 2 people who are willing to care for my 6 red foots! You never know when your times up I guess. I would also HAUNT on a daily basis if my torts were mistreated...they are my only babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I can be pretty evil :p

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
The people I trust most are older than I and one is not in good health. So that's not going to work out. My 4 1/2 year old granddaughter is my unofficial tortoise keeping apprentice, helping me feed them and gathering flowers on our walks.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
How about this? When you guys die, I will take in your turtles, and tortoises. So go ahead eat that cheese burger, smoke em, if you got em, drive carelessly. Go ahead. do it.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
if i have kids someday then i imagine my kids if not my kids then my nephew and niece

are you trying to talk someone out of getting a tortoise or turtle because of what may happen some day? because even if our family and friends can't take them on there will alway's be those of us like right now that would gladly do it and the information is growing everyday on proper care i can't wait to see where the information is at in 20 years

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well I guess I would let my wife adopt out my tortoises to the heavy hitters on here . Sorry no newbie . But the reds would have to stay in a group. My leopards can go to Monica . Because she is ocd on care just like me . I sulcatas can go to Tom.

chaseswife

5 Year Member
I have 5 kids- one of them will take shrimp in. If for some reason it is when I am young and my husband doesn't want to keep him around (which would be a total jerkface thing to do to the kids) the person that gifted him to me would take him back.

kmartin

central Florida
Has anyone ever heard of 'pet trust's? They are small life insurance policies that have your pet as a beneficiary to provide for their care and feeding and housing after you are gone. It allows the people who take the pet to keep them as you would.