Zoo Med natural Grassland Tortoise Food

KimC90

5 Year Member
Dwight loves this stuff! We picked it up last week and didnt hesitate at all. It comes in pellets that with just a little bit of water expand and make a really grassy aromatic mash. Tortoise approved!

Attachments

• 1387545912128.jpg
    1387545912128.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 127

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Yes, its pretty good stuff. But rather expensive when you have lots of tortoises to feed.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
ballergrapher said:
Mine doesnt like it. I am trying to let him eat it.. But he just snobs it.

Sometimes they do take time to get used to new or certain things. Try mixing it with his greens. I have those scissors that chefs like for herbs. They have 3 (or 5) blades, they chop-cut things small. Yay! Then you blend the wet grassland with the fresh greens, or other things, like the treat strawberry or baby food (squash). That is what helped me to introduce the vital more variety of foods. Blend-blend-blend, picky eaters can't beat me at my game, LOL. : )

Oh, and I also blend the Grassland in with Mazuri two or three times a week and that works quite well also. Whatever it takes to get them to eat at the very least 5 different things a day. Variety for vitality!

ballergrapher

5 Year Member
Thats what i do, mix it with greens, sometimes he eats, but sometimes he choose only the greens.:)

I think my rf is getting choosy.. Now, im trying to let him eat boiled chicken and egg, but doesnt like it. But for the past 3 weeks iv been giving him that but he eats it.

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
I found European tortoise diet at pet Co today it is compare able to grassland but smaller pellets and lower cost anyone used this one?

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
I am getting some of this tonight and trying it with my two torts on Sunday. I hope they like it!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
YES! YES! YES!

All my tortoise got lots of those mixed in with dark greens. They will come back to the food dishes to pick them after they walked away after the feeding.