Zoo med grassland food

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckidd_1999

5 Year Member
Is the zoo med grassland tortoise food good to feed your tort?? Iv been feeding it to him but he won't eat it. He just eats the veggies and weeds. Anything else I could feed him?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The Zoo med food is good, but most torts won't eat it plain and dry. My big sulcatas will, but other smaller tortoises usually don't eat it dry for me. Try soaking just a few pellets ands then mixing it in with some finely chopped leafy greens. Over time your tortoise will get used to the taste, smell and texture, and you'll be able to increase the ratio of ZooMed to greens if you wish.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
Tom said:
The Zoo med food is good, but most torts won't eat it plain and dry. My big sulcatas will, but other smaller tortoises usually don't eat it dry for me. Try soaking just a few pellets ands then mixing it in with some finely chopped leafy greens. Over time your tortoise will get used to the taste, smell and texture, and you'll be able to increase the ratio of ZooMed to greens if you wish.

Worked for me!

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
My russian hated them. Soaked or not. I had to return them. Petco was cool about returning it even though I lost the receipt.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I had no idea PETCO had them..mazuri is a good addition to your torts diet. Most feed 2 times a week. You can mix with zoo med. With your chopped greens, or by its self..but, be aware..they sometimes will be addicted to it so just be careful...

jeninak907

5 Year Member
South Carolina
mainey34 said:
I had no idea PETCO had them..mazuri is a good addition to your torts diet. Most feed 2 times a week. You can mix with zoo med. With your chopped greens, or by its self..but, be aware..they sometimes will be addicted to it so just be careful...

Well up here in Alaska they have it. Cant say about other states.

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Euless TX
When I first got my redfoot Koopa I bought some of the Zoo Med Forest Tortoise diet, and she wouldn't touch it no matter what I did. Recently I ran out of greens for her and had no way to run out to get more at that moment so I dug out the Zoo Med again and she devoured it! Now I soak some and mix it with her greens and she loves it!

~Jenn

morloch

5 Year Member
I use it twice a week, on top of the greens,, morloch loves it!!

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
muffinjenn said:
When I first got my redfoot Koopa I bought some of the Zoo Med Forest Tortoise diet, and she wouldn't touch it no matter what I did. Recently I ran out of greens for her and had no way to run out to get more at that moment so I dug out the Zoo Med again and she devoured it! Now I soak some and mix it with her greens and she loves it!

~Jenn

I was just talking about this on my own thread! I think I'm going to buy some for my red foot as we can't get Mazuri in the UK :(

Status
Not open for further replies.