Zilla vitamin supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
colorado springs, colorado
Hi, I was just wondering what you guys here thought about the Zilla vitamin supplement food spray ... it said on the bottle to put it on the food every day , but everything I read said things like calcium and D3 should only be given two times a week...this has calcium (min)...60 ppm, vitamin D3 (min) ... 2.4 mg/lb , along with other vitamins , but is it ok to spray on there every day or should I just do it every 2 to 3 days?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
If you are going to use a supplement then about every 2-3tortoise days would be good.....I say this because most placed this time of the year is not good outdoor time for natural sun exposure....so the D3 every couple days would be good...but if your tort gets natural sun time everyday then a supplement without D3 would be good....wait around for others opinions...the more the merrier...:D

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
Oh yea , it's always good to hear every ones opinions ... And yes its way too cold to have him outside, I have him indoors with a 24inch Fluorescent Reptile Light by zoo med ,(plus his heat lamp in there) soon I'll have two of these for my new habitat I'm making... with those lights should I be giving him it every day or do those lights give him the right amount of UVA rays to where I should cut back to every 2 or 3 days ?

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Yeah I believe a good vitamin spray on some greens helps add extra nutritional value. Btw, I would use it everyother day or use it once aweek if you feed Mazuri or Zoo Med pellets. And I dont think spray vitamins have enough calcium and vit. D3 to really make a big difference while you are using a uvb lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.