Zilla gooseneck Clamp Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogg3074

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern New Jersey
Hi, has anyone used the Zilla gooseneck Clamp Lamp with a mercury vapor bulb? I know the mercury bulbs are huge and deep and was wondering if they fit in this certain type of light fixture.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Fire Hazard Warning!

Secure those clamps so they cannot ever fall or a child can bump them. I saw the aftermath of a clamp lamp fire when a snake owner surrendered her neonate Rosy Boa and most of the mulch was charred. Snake eventually shed and heeled but, imagine the worst if no one was home.

Just hang those lights.

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
webskipper said:
Fire Hazard Warning!

Secure those clamps so they cannot ever fall or a child can bump them. I saw the aftermath of a clamp lamp fire when a snake owner surrendered her neonate Rosy Boa and most of the mulch was charred. Snake eventually shed and heeled but, imagine the worst if no one was home.

Just hang those lights.

Im with you. Huge fire hazard or tort cooker. They may fall on your tort. The one at Tractor supply does not have a strong clamp. You can still use them and they are alot cheaper than the ones at the pet store but you need to find a way to suspend them above your tort table or whatever your using.

Status
Not open for further replies.