Zilla barks hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Does anybody have ever used this hide? I want to buy one for Hermy (the larger one) and I want to buy one for Pop Corn (The smaller one). I am sure you guys are wondering who Pop Corn is?? I will get a new Hermanni Boettgeri in August WOOOHOOOOOOOO :D:D Pop Corn is still in his or her egg! I can't wait. I am starting to prepare his enclosure! So I am starting to order stuff because I want everything to be ready for his or her arrival :D

http://www.petsandponds.com/en/reptile-supplies/c194946/p17066088.html

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! Congratulations on the upcoming new arrival! Love the name.

Can't give a yea or nay on the hide, as I receive so many different kinds along with the rescued turtles and tortoises, that I never have to buy any. The most frequently, commonly received are the real wood half logs. But occasionally get the ones made out of man made material in the natural shapes of logs. I use them all as needed.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Yvonne, I am so happy :D
Wow Elainea, Pets and ponds are not cheap!! I will ask my fiance's cousin to see if they have it near his house (there are no Petco here).

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Congrats on the shell baby on the way! I would want to handle that hide in person to see the interior dimensions and that a tort could fit in it. I try to make hides or use a hay pile or buy things like fake plants or a plant pot than buy the reptile ones. My tort likes to climb his half log so I have to make substrate ramps up to it to keep it safe.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Kate :D What a good idea (to put substrate to make a ramp up the hide) I never thought of that! Yeah I will not order the hides I wanted too, I will try to make a homemade one or buy one in a store.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I can't believe you're getting another little tortoise Isa. Hermy will be so happy that he has a new friend. :D The other day I was going to put the half log hide back into Ruby and Eddie's enclosure, but had to remember what a butt Eddie is :p and how he climbed and fell off of it onto his back the first time. I think Kate's idea is a good one I might even try that myself.

kberr

5 Year Member
Hi Isa, I am new here. Still setting up my tort's home, but don't actually have her/him yet! I am looking for a Hermanns. Can you tell me where you found your newest baby-to-be?
Thanks, Kim

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Candy :D
They will not be living together but I can't wait to introduce them to each other (after the quarantine time of course :) ). I can't wait to see little Pop Corn's face!
Kate's idea is super good, I am going to do that in Hermy's enclosure later on because when he wants Mazzuri and he does not want to eat his greens, he walks around the enclosure like a superman and climb his logs, once he fell on his back (bad Hermy lol ).
Kim, are you sure you do not want a juvenile instead of a new baby, I am not an expert (far from that) but I have had my Hermann since 2 1/2 years now. When I got him, he was a not a little baby :) I am sure it is going to be easy for you to find a Hermann (since you live in the USA, I live in Canada), there are very good breeders on this forum :), check out the post #8 http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-16278.html
Good luck and keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.