Zilla 40 gallon breeder tank (Critter Cage) ok ?

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North East
Here is a link to the 40 gallon glass breeder tank I own. Is it ok to use with water and turtles?

http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/critter-cages.htm

I was hoping it would work short term. I was planning to use it and purchase a good filter for a large tank & keep an eye on Craigslist for my larger dream 125 gallon tank for her. :tort:Thanks

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I have this tank and it specifically says NOT for use with water.
Good ol' CL will come through for you soon enough ;)

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Thanks I will be patient. Between Petco's tank sale and Craigslist I will find one like you said. I don't want to take any chances . Thanks!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Before you go out and buy a plain ole tank look at this . They are pond kits from Home Depot .

Attachments

• 1388815839581.jpg
    1388815839581.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1388815903151.jpg
    1388815903151.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 72

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Funny thing to mention…when folks found out my wife Karen is into tropical fresh water fish, we started getting, for free, tanks and all the equipment for free. Kinda like the ole' “I've got a 55gallon in the garage you're more than welcome to have!"
Her one 55 gallon I set up for her surprise Christmas present a year ago, has now morphed into 3 55gallon tanks set up in the house, with a 75 gallon sitting in the garage unused at this time because we don't know where we would put it. Most came with canister filters and lights as well. Bonus!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep I have tanks in the garage to. I like to fill them with reptiles . Ha ha!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
mike taylor said:
Yep I have tanks in the garage to. I like to fill them with reptiles . Ha ha!!

The 75 gallon tank in the garage has real nice depth to it. I want to turn it into a pacific north west woodland terrarium but so far Karen keeps saying no. Some day it will be mine and setup in my office, (hands rubbing together!).

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
In due time my friend . Evil laugh

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Lol there needs to be some type of group therapy on the forum. When everything you see begins to turn into a tort table etc. you know there's an addiction.

I love this set ups! Someday! Right now I have a 2 year old little boy who loves my turtle and would not think twice about going for a swim with her :/

I love the tank in the garage idea. It's time to post on Facebook I need of a tank justly be a friend without the tort turtle bug has one in the way they want to get rid of it. Thanks for the ideas !