Your redfoots Favorite meal

Status
Not open for further replies.

karintorn

5 Year Member
What's your buddy favorite meal. Elmer over here(check out the avatar) loves tomato but i was told not to give too much though. Anyway what yours:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Bank:

I don't keep redfoots myself, but I am babysitting a couple for a friend who is in China for a bit. They eat everything, but they really get into the Mazuri when I offer that to them.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
Yeah, I'd have to say that Mazuri seems to be my RFs' favorite as well. Obviously, they eat other things, but they lick the plate clean if its Mazuri!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think over all the most favorite item is going to cantaloupe/muskmelon.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Papaya, and strawberry tops. Probably because it's a treat for them and fed very sparingly. They go nuts for papaya, when I give it to them.

karintorn

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Papaya, and strawberry tops. Probably because it's a treat for them and fed very sparingly. They go nuts for papaya, when I give it to them.

hey how do you feed it to them like when the papaya is raw(greenish/white) or when its red,, cause i would try to give elmer some papaya,, ;)

starfield

5 Year Member
Mango for most but I have one that will chew your fingers off at the chance of mushroom .... Strawberrys are popular... Same as above, they like the rarity

Geochelone

5 Year Member
Mushrooms! Big favourite but they also like watercress and lambs lettuce

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Mine love Mazuri and go crazy for bananas when I give it to them sparingly.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Mine both go crazy over figs. The trees are full now, but still not ripe. They eat them all Summer, and the box turtles love them too. My Dad's box turtles sat under the fig tree all Summer and would fight over any that dropped off the tree. Pio also loves worms and I see him digging in the leaf pile by his hide, searching for some every day.

LindaF

5 Year Member
It is hard to say - it would be a toss up between watermelon, worms, mango, and mazuri. He won't turn down mushrooms, strawberries, bananas or green beens. Oddly enough, he hates and will refuse tomatoes.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
With mine, it would probably be a tie between mazuri, and mango.

karintorn

5 Year Member
LindaF said:
It is hard to say - it would be a toss up between watermelon, worms, mango, and mazuri. He won't turn down mushrooms, strawberries, bananas or green beens. Oddly enough, he hates and will refuse tomatoes.

Wow my rf would just step over greens if it sees or smell tomatoes. Now i am trying to mix everything together to get her some greens. She has no problem about fruits though

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well....................
mz1-1.jpg

JD~:rolleyes:

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
No. 1 for mine would be watermelon. Mazuri comes in a close 2nd. They only get the watermelon once a month, and Mazuri once a week, so they're all over those when we give them those treats.

Plowmandust77

10 Year Member!
Griffith Indiana
Pro plan protein cat food, they act like they have never ate before in their life. The bigger tort seems to like orange/red/green bell pepper very well.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
terryo said:
Mine both go crazy over figs. The trees are full now, but still not ripe. They eat them all Summer, and the box turtles love them too. My Dad's box turtles sat under the fig tree all Summer and would fight over any that dropped off the tree. Pio also loves worms and I see him digging in the leaf pile by his hide, searching for some every day.

Just rub it in! :D I had worked so hard to find fig trees last year and they did fine. I wintered them all but one inside. I took the fig trees outside later this spring then I wanted to due to weather. Once out they all seem to have died. :( The one planted outside is just starting to appear, he like a foot tall now. So Terry ... :p :D

bigred said:

:D Yep, that can usually cause a stampede. :D

Jeansie1988

5 Year Member
Hamilton, ON
emysemys said:
Hi Bank:

I don't keep redfoots myself, but I am babysitting a couple for a friend who is in China for a bit. They eat everything, but they really get into the Mazuri when I offer that to them.

Is there a difference between Mazuri and zoo med forest tortoise food?
Where do you buy the Mazuri?

wheezysmomma

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Haven't had Wheezy long but his Favorite seems to be Mangos he dug up the Whole pile of greens trying to find the pieces and today, I didn't use mango and he didn't really eat :( silly bum!

Status
Not open for further replies.