Your hobbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
I have a fairly recent hobby. I started shooting gun's at my husband's shooting range. I took the conceal/carry course and am now licensed. For me shooting is comparable to yoga. Every part of my body has to be completely controlled, From my stance to the tip of my index finger to my breath and even my heart beat. It is similar to yoga in that the world fall's away and I am only focused on the target but hitting that bullseye or shredding a piece of paper in seconds is way more rewarding than sunrise salutations, any day!!!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Hobbies are torts only right now, working 2 jobs and going to school. Doing the things I should of done when I was younger

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Ooh, I didn't reply to this.

I guess photography is the only constant thing that can be considered solely a hobby, other than tortoises. Writing is up there too, of course, but it's also my career. I still enjoy writing in my spare time, and I'm in the process of publishing a children's book (though this process might go on until the end of the year).

Otherwise, when I'm not working, I seem to be spending much of my spare time focusing on my health and fitness. Walking, cycling, aerobics...maybe swimming in future...but I don't really enjoy any of it. It's just a necessary evil.

I'd love to have a proper hobby that I enjoyed and did regularly (even photography isn't something I do often because you need to find the right place). I probably don't have the time or money.

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Edinburgh, Scotland
Well other than doting on the new baby tortoise, I spend most of the rest of my time pandering to my 10 year old Jack Russell who has some brain damage (slug pellets are bad for more than just slugs and tortoises!!)
I also love cycling and oddly enjoy watching the fiancee playing video games, also a big reader...

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
cherylim said:
Ooh, I didn't reply to this.

I guess photography is the only constant thing that can be considered solely a hobby, other than tortoises. Writing is up there too, of course, but it's also my career. I still enjoy writing in my spare time, and I'm in the process of publishing a children's book (though this process might go on until the end of the year).

Otherwise, when I'm not working, I seem to be spending much of my spare time focusing on my health and fitness. Walking, cycling, aerobics...maybe swimming in future...but I don't really enjoy any of it. It's just a necessary evil.

I'd love to have a proper hobby that I enjoyed and did regularly (even photography isn't something I do often because you need to find the right place). I probably don't have the time or money.

Sounds very healthy! :D
I enjoy a good swim...biking riding and the other things you listed are no-go for me ! ;)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I have several hobbies. I love remodeling the house, so I do it over and over. I am part of a jeep club and we own two jeeps. We are into muscle cars and have a Grand National. I also consider shopping my hobby.

mira_kaylee

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
I like reading, complex astrology calculation, interior design, graphic design, ceramics, writing, playing with my tort Ayden, browsing online on gaia or fb, yoga, gardening, knives and weapon design, basketball, volleyball, baking, swimming, annnnnnnd that's about it i guess.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Hobbies... Too Many! I grow orchids. I have 5 parrot (four rescues), three rescue cats and one SL Star hatchling (one more on the way). My passion is oil painting. I should say that all of my hobbies have been my passion since I was a child in one way or another. When I was very young I would just grow any plant that I could get my hands on. Each hobby has just evolved. Also, after not having a puppy for over 25 years (had a hard time getting over my last Peke), last March I receive a beautiful white Peke that keeps me very busy! I guess that I can say that I love living things that I can nurture.

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
My name is Jeff, I am a HUGE Duck Goose and Deer hunter! I also love working out!!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I'm Teri and I play clawhammer banjo, and do pottery. I'm a respiratory therapist looking forward to retiring.... camping, fishing (is life)...

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
I'm Dana, I'm boring I don't do anything anymore except take care of my hubby, two kids, two hermit crabs, one Shih Tzu and do ALOT of research on Tortoises. That way when I get my first I'll be prepared. Oh and I like to read...

Status
Not open for further replies.