Your favorite soaking dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
I think the clear Pyrex lasagna dish that has been Gomez and Morticia's bath since they came to live with me last month could be improved upon. Anyone got a favorite soaking dish? My torts are juveniles, about the size of salad plates.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I use plastic shoe boxes for hatchlings because they have a flat bottom. They usually come in six packs for $5 at the hardware store. I use plastic dishwashing tubs from Walmart for older, bigger tortoises like the size of yours. These are usually about $2.

Here's an assortment from last year's babies:
29x654g.jpg

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Tom said:
I use plastic shoe boxes for hatchlings because they have a flat bottom. They usually come in six packs for $5 at the hardware store. I use plastic dishwashing tubs from Walmart for older, bigger tortoises like the size of yours. These are usually about $2.

Here's an assortment from last year's babies:
29x654g.jpg

Thanks Tom! The dishwashing tub looks perfect for G&M. I love the tortoise day spa you're running over there... it looks better than Burke Williams!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You're gonna have to forgive an "out of touch" tortoise nerd...

Who is Burke Williams?

I can tell you all about Ricky Carmichael or Jeff Cooper, but Burke doesn't ring a bell... sorry. :)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Hahaha. Too funny. Burke Williams is a day spa place, Tom. For people soaks ... and just plain ole yummy rejuvenation for those us that stress about tortoise keeping until we finally get the mojo going. : )

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I use a roasting pan :DImageUploadedByTortForum1368832167.929432.jpg

$2 Moe loves watching TV in it :)

Life is good

Last edited by a moderator:

dleebs

5 Year Member
Indonesia
i used to use thin plastic food container for each of the babies like the ones shown in my avatar.. But then this happened! :D

So now i use bigger plastic bowl with higher sides.. much better and safer.. Phewww...

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
dleebs said:
i used to use thin plastic food container for each of the babies like the ones shown in my avatar.. But then this happened! :D

So now i use bigger plastic bowl with higher sides.. much better and safer.. Phewww...

I had that problem with cereal bowls :) my kiddos would tip them over o_O

Life is good

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
When my sullies were still under a year old, I used a long ceramic bread dish. They had loved that thing for so long that when they outgrew it, they'd cuddle up to each other with heads almost intertwined. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow. When I saw that they really couldn't continue that way, I used two huge, round plastic tub I picked up at goodwill for $3. I still use a shoebox for Baby Runt though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
LeopardTortLover said:
I use my bath. She can walk around and not get out, unfortunately for her.

I think this is really good for medium to larger size tortoises. Especially the ones that are primarily kept indoors, because they get a lot of good exercise in there.

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Tried the bathtub this morning. G&M seemed to have trouble settling down, but maybe that's cause it was new. Cleanup was a snap, though. Anyway, Saturday is tort life improvement day over here, so I'll be picking them up a new dish on my errands.ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1368895855.689521.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I bought a bunch of black plastic dish washing tubs from the dollar store. Labeled them for the different tortoises and they work great.

I personally wouldn't want to bathe in the same bath tub my torts poop in...but that is me. ;)

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
Re: RE: Your favorite soaking dish?

Team Gomberg said:
I personally wouldn't want to bathe in the same bath tub my torts poop in...but that is me. ;)

Heather

I will state I do disinfect my bath often. And I rarely have a bath I have a shower instead :p

But it provides room for excersize, ease of temp changes, and easy to clean. I use a fish net to scoop the poop! Then throw it down the loo.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Your favorite soaking dish?

LeopardTortLover said:
Team Gomberg said:

Heather

I will state I do disinfect my bath often. And I rarely have a bath I have a shower instead :p

But it provides room for excersize, ease of temp changes, and easy to clean. I use a fish net to scoop the poop! Then throw it down the loo.

Not judging ;) no worries.

Just something I can't do....

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.