Young Tort.... First time owner need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorrow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Hi im josh i just recived my first tort he is a cherry head red foot and jus amazing and goes by the name huckelberry.

I just obtained a young cherry head. In fact he is so young that he still has the tip on his beak to break the egg. He has been eating his mustard greens, clover, bell pepper and occasional grape as a a treat well. But his head looks kinda dry and some times i think he has trouble getting his eyes open. I soak him once a day in warm water, I have a 3ft by 3ft pin built for him he has acces to water 24/7, the pin is bedded with a mix of moss and cypress mulch and i mist atleast twice a day. For lighting i have my UVB light and a heat lamp but i aim the heat lamp of to the side because i dont want it to be to bright. I also have a small heating pad underneath his hide to keep him warm at night when i turn his lights of. oh i also put a humidifier besid his pin to help because i thought he might be to dry. Is there anything i can do tho help his head and eye lids???? Does my set up sound about right????

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
josh, welcome to the forum. Since you asked these questions in the Redfoot forum I will Welcome you here and let the questions be answered there and hopefully others will do the same.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Josh: Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for redfoot help, as we have an experienced redfoot person or two here.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.