You know you have a tortoise when...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

...You have an argument with your wife about pulling the beautiful giant broadleaf plantain plant in your back yard just as it was beginning to go to seed.

...You are sitting at dinner with friends and continually finding and removing yet another glochid from your finger, forearm, torso, ankle, etc...

...You notice every mulberry tree on every car ride going any where every day.

...You notice every stand of spineless opuntia cactus on every car ride going any where every day, and have to stop and cut some pads from the ones you don't already have.

...You seriously want to vomit as you walk down the aisle of pesticides, weed killers, and other toxic lawn chemicals at the hardware store. Blechhhh!

...Every plastic tub you see is either a new hide box or potential soaking tub. Or a food mixing tub. Or a baby enclosure.

...Your new daily hobby is hunting and killing the horde of gophers that is trying their level best to destroy all the foods you've been planting for your tortoises. {Best Bill Murray impression voice} "Oh Mister Gopher..."

...You want to cry when said gophers dig under your newly planted anti-gopher plant, and eat the roots of your new "gopher repelling" plant. Not kidding here, as I mutter profanities under my breath and feed that rodent's relatives to my hawks and snakes. With extreme prejudice.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga

...You have an argument with your wife about pulling the beautiful giant broadleaf plantain plant in your back yard just as it was beginning to go to seed.

...You are sitting at dinner with friends and continually finding and removing yet another glochid from your finger, forearm, torso, ankle, etc...

...You notice every mulberry tree on every car ride going any where every day.

...You notice every stand of spineless opuntia cactus on every car ride going any where every day, and have to stop and cut some pads from the ones you don't already have.

...You seriously want to vomit as you walk down the aisle of pesticides, weed killers, and other toxic lawn chemicals at the hardware store. Blechhhh!

...Every plastic tub you see is either a new hide box or potential soaking tub. Or a food mixing tub. Or a baby enclosure.

...Your new daily hobby is hunting and killing the horde of gophers that is trying their level best to destroy all the foods you've been planting for your tortoises. {Best Bill Murray impression voice} "Oh Mister Gopher..."

...You want to cry when said gophers dig under your newly planted anti-gopher plant, and eat the roots of your new "gopher repelling" plant. Not kidding here, as I mutter profanities under my breath and feed that rodent's relatives to my hawks and snakes. With extreme prejudice.
"

"Every plastic tub you see is either a new hide box or potential soaking tub. Or a food mixing tub."

Lol I can relate to this.