Yellow bellied slider ready to lay eggs?

Dozers_Mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
mid-Missouri
I have 3 YBS, 2 that are 4 years old and 1 that is 3 years old, and had them since they were hatchlings. So anyway, yesterday, the largest of the 3, Fat Baby, starting acting a little nutty. She (I've only just figured out) kept climbing out of the aquarium into her basking area and was knocking the top of it off, attempting to escape. I caught her twice with her upper body over the top when I decided to put her in a dry box so that she wouldn't injure herself in a fall. So after a little digging, I found that it was probably a "she" looking for somewhere to lay some eggs, which hasn't ever happened before. So I got Fat Baby out and gently felt her back end between her shell and back legs and I could definitely feel eggs in there. So now I have her in a container with her light and some bedding so that she can bury the eggs, but now we're kinda in limbo. She's been in there for about 16 hours and all she does is try to escape. If she's not trying to escape, she's just laying there, panting and her back end is like pulsating. How will I know when she's in trouble with the eggs bound up needing the assistance of a vet? I don't want to jump the gun, but I don't want to ignore a problem if there is one. I know this story is a bit long-winded, but I'm feeling a little frazzled here and I just want to do the right thing for her. Thanks for looking!