1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Red eared slider restless

Discussion in 'Water turtles' started by Jack2902, Jul 24, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Jack2902

Jack2902 New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    MICHIGAN
    I’ve had a red eared slider for a while now. She laid eggs in the tank last year, but this year has not yet. She’s been restless, trying to escape and not eating. I know they need an area to nest and I thought that might be what was happening, so we got a bin for her filled with loose dirt and some greenery and we put her in there for a few hours at a time. She’s still not eating, and she’s still trying to escape the tank. It’s been a few weeks and I’m concerned. What should I do?
    Moozillion likes this.
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Location (City and/or State):
    Clovis, CA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Set up a safe spot out in the yard in the sun where she can't escape and let her be out in the real dirt for a while. When my sister in Oregon sees her female RES acting like yours is she puts her out in the box turtle enclosure. The turtle finds a spot, digs a nest and lays her infertile eggs.