Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Beautiful! ! ! !

Just Beautiful.

navyblu

5 Year Member
Evan...the top left is exceptional...obviously. ...don't see bands that thick and dense that often

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Sean:
That male is out of dam # 366. I hope that the yellow banding stays solid. It will be one of my superstar males. I have 2 very nice females that are 9" and 10" that will pair up nicely with that male. Took a lot of money to get Lucas to sell it to me. This is the 9" female.Motlow Female.jpg

coastal

10 Year Member!
Florida
Evan, those have all grown in nice. That must be the little green one to the far bottom right. I'm thinking these will turn out better then one could have expected. Looks pretty much like the one I have here too, so far the only two that exist so nothing else to compare with yet. One thing I have noticed is the bands don't show any splitting yet so maybe the big boy got her! Now just to see what sexes they turn out to be. That unsexed one next to it with the yellow head reminds me of this one I had some years back at that size:
18217.JPG

Sean, while I am at it you asked about that female 443/987 loan I have. Well this is her now:
IMG_3194 copy.jpg

And while were here, this is the best animal I have seen 1632 produce to date (sex male). The older female I have is also pretty nice, but not like this at this size:
IMG_3198 copy.jpg

navyblu

5 Year Member
Sean:
That male is out of dam # 366. I hope that the yellow banding stays solid. It will be one of my superstar males. I have 2 very nice females that are 9" and 10" that will pair up nicely with that male. Took a lot of money to get Lucas to sell it to me. This is the 9" female.View attachment 167418

Evan, again that male is just sick with those wide bands will certainly make an awesome sire in the coming years. That female is quite striking as well, how old are you females now? Would love to see the heard you have assembled now.

navyblu

5 Year Member
Evan, those have all grown in nice. That must be the little green one to the far bottom right. I'm thinking these will turn out better then one could have expected. Looks pretty much like the one I have here too, so far the only two that exist so nothing else to compare with yet. One thing I have noticed is the bands don't show any splitting yet so maybe the big boy got her! Now just to see what sexes they turn out to be. That unsexed one next to it with the yellow head reminds me of this one I had some years back at that size:
View attachment 167559

Sean, while I am at it you asked about that female 443/987 loan I have. Well this is her now:
View attachment 167560

And while were here, this is the best animal I have seen 1632 produce to date (sex male). The older female I have is also pretty nice, but not like this at this size:
View attachment 167561

John,
That female from that pairing of 987/443 is very nice, cant wait to see how she continues to progress and how big she gets; 987 is a big male obviously. That female is very similar to the markings on my Male from that pairing....thanks for sharing! Wow! That 1632 offspring is sick, just striking...ive gotten 6 babies from her this season with a few clutches to go..maybe ill get lucky. Im hoping the pairing of 987/1632 that Bill Z and I are doing this season will produce some similarly striking babies as she has done before. 987 will also be paired with 766 so hoping the doubling of genetics being that she is an aunt to 987 will get some highlight reels as well...here is hoping. Thanks so much for posting the pics...really appreciate it.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Sean:
I have 4 Females:
# 1690 is 6 years old, over 13"
I have 2 4 year old Females 9"-10"
1 Female 3 years old at 5.5"

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Burmese are all doing well. Unfortunately, my one adult female had 2 clutches that were infertile. So we get to see hoe this year goes. I have a very nice group of 3.3 all unrelated Burmese. When they produce offspring , they will be unrelated to anything on the market right now.