Xray post!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
They ingest rocks and pebbles in thebwild, the important difference is that they eat higher fiber foods and are able to poop them out. I find pebbles in my tortoises' feces sometimes, surrounded by long fibers. E.g. they eat plantain weed and dead nettle and other high fiber weeds, even if they don't eat grass (sometimes mine do).

The natural sunshine is so good for them. Keep putting them outside, just maybe make sure the area doesn't have a lot of small pebbles. :)
My tortoises that live outdoors will eat rocks sometimes if I neglect to keep a few cuttlebones in the enclosure.
South Florida "rocks" are mostly coral. A great source of calcium. Just not in the form of rocks!

philipgreece

Kefalonia
My tortoises that live outdoors will eat rocks sometimes if I neglect to keep a few cuttlebones in the enclosure.
South Florida "rocks" are mostly coral. A great source of calcium. Just not in the form of rocks!
He ate last year but he passed it! I wonder if this big it's rock or something else! I keep an eye on him! I wonder if it's some kind of plastic round ball or silicone small ball! 🤔 i had him out in yard!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
He ate last year but he passed it! I wonder if this big it's rock or something else! I keep an eye on him! I wonder if it's some kind of plastic round ball or silicone small ball! 🤔 i had him out in yard!
I'm not sure if plastic or silicone would show up as a solid mass on the xray.
They look like the random shape of rocks.
Over the years, any rocks that my tortoises could fit down their throats came out the other end just fine.
Do as has been suggested. Count the rocks as they come out until you're sure they've all passed

philipgreece

Kefalonia
Why can't you find weeds to feed them? I understand that it's winter, so that may be the issue... but during the growing season (Spring, Summer, Fall), you should be able to.
The only food that I can fund in nature without buying them with chemicals are: hibiscus,hawkbits,mallow, and sometimes wild petunia! Are these enough?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
In fact, the more the better. I think mulberry (not in the winter, obviously) and grape leaves should be available too. The plants you've listed are great "staple" foods, so you mostly need to add some variety, whenever possible.

I suppose, the climate in Greece is close to what we have in Cyprus and as such winter is a great time to hunt for greens and grasses.

philipgreece

Kefalonia
In fact, the more the better. I think mulberry (not in the winter, obviously) and grape leaves should be available too. The plants you've listed are great "staple" foods, so you mostly need to add some variety, whenever possible.

I suppose, the climate in Greece is close to what we have in Cyprus and as such winter is a great time to hunt for greens and grasses.
Thank you! I really want to find more! Mulberries leaves and grape leaves in summer! This summer I will collect as more as I can!