WOW im amazed what my little Boxie WONT EAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ruckas

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
so today we offered him/her some meal worm and earth worms, little guy sat there for over a half hour and Would NOT EVEN look at them! I cant believe it ive never ever saw ANY TURTLE refuse worms! So then i chopped up some fresh shrimp and steamed veggies and he chowed down! lol. ugh... how can i get him to eat some protein other then shrimp!????

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Where are you feeding him? I usually put the baby in a little plastic tub, and just put the tub right in his enclosure under a plant. I put a little bit of warm water in the tub with the thawed out blood worms and leave him there for a while. Sometimes the other worms are too fat, but the blood worms are just right for a hatchling. They don't usually liked to be watched when they eat. Remember that in the wild they would be under leaf litter eating little tiny insects like pill bugs. You have to mimic the wooded area that they come from. Veggies? I still can't believe it, but I do know some people on another forum that say theirs eat greens too. Mine never did. You are lucky.

Xilonen

5 Year Member
Bellingham, WA
Haha, mine won't eat anything that doesn't move. She's stuck on superworms. At least the superworms aren't picky, so I can get a varied diet in her by mixing up the worm food... I just got a ton of new expensive worms (compared to superworms) and she won't touch any of them... even the waxworms that are supposed to be reptile delicacy. Go figure.

Cre8ruckas

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
terryo said:
Where are you feeding him? I usually put the baby in a little plastic tub, and just put the tub right in his enclosure under a plant. I put a little bit of warm water in the tub with the thawed out blood worms and leave him there for a while. Sometimes the other worms are too fat, but the blood worms are just right for a hatchling. They don't usually liked to be watched when they eat. Remember that in the wild they would be under leaf litter eating little tiny insects like pill bugs. You have to mimic the wooded area that they come from. Veggies? I still can't believe it, but I do know some people on another forum that say theirs eat greens too. Mine never did. You are lucky.

yea so now it will eat the shrimp mashed up with reptomin softgel fruit and veggie diet from petco and fresh dandelion. He dont seem to mind us watching him just very picky with the foods lol. We also give him his daily bath just like our little sulcata then they both eat (seperate of course) We also feed them in little tubs and eat out of little tubs.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That sounds like a great diet. Later on you can add other things. Your climate is just like mine, and some of mine are hibernating now under lots of snow. I got a Christmas tree storage bin, and am going to put a lot of plants with a little pond thingie in there and put my hatchling out this summer for some rays. I have to ask my son if he will make he a screen top for the bin. I'm getting sunshine envy now.....more snow coming this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.