My Ebt Wont eat nothing else beside worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
hi guys any advice on my EBT.
he's been eating just night crawlers he doesn't want to eat anything else, I skip like even 2 to 4 days without the worms. but he still don't want to eat
I offer cucumber tomatoes cantaloupe mushrooms,.
watermelon and still nothing he just looks at it and then he walks away and is very pissed that there isn't a worm there
I also tried dog food from Blue. he didn't want that either then I tried chicken and also liver but he doesn't want anything I did cook the chicken and the liver
oh and scrambled eggs he doesn't eat either
any ideas what else I could offer him besides the worms, because I don't want him to just eat worms
thanks for the input

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
Have you tried blueberries or mazuri?

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I haven't tried Mazuri have to get that
yes I did blueberries strawberries bananas avocado
he's a super spoiled brat,
first when i got him he ate a little bit of strawberries but no nothing.. just those stupid worms :(

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
How old is your EBT? The reason I ask, is if it's still relatively young, they will be stuck on live proteins for a long while. I can't remember at what age my boxies starting enjoying berries, greens and such, but they were several years old. Have you tried other bugs and worms, such as meal worms, sow bugs, snails (from non-pesticide yards)? I just kept offering a small amount of fruits and greens, and finally they not only tasted, but devoured berries and nibbled on some greens. Now that five of my boxies are around 20 plus years old and the youngest are 11 years old, they all eat a great variety. It did take what seemed like forever before they even tasted the fruits and greens.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
TigsMom said:
How old is your EBT? The reason I ask, is if it's still relatively young, they will be stuck on live proteins for a long while. I can't remember at what age my boxies starting enjoying berries, greens and such, but they were several years old. Have you tried other bugs and worms, such as meal worms, sow bugs, snails (from non-pesticide yards)? I just kept offering a small amount of fruits and greens, and finally they not only tasted, but devoured berries and nibbled on some greens. Now that five of my boxies are around 20 plus years old and the youngest are 11 years old, they all eat a great variety. It did take what seemed like forever before they even tasted the fruits and greens.

Ditto. Young ones are very difficult to get to eat flora.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I dont know how old he is ,he is about 5 inches

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
My boxies were eating some fruits and veggies by about 7 months of age, so it can be done. How I did it when they were babies was I soaked some Reptomin sticks, mashed them up and then added the fruits and veggies. That works real well for getting them to eat other things. As for preferring nightcrawlers, that is normal!

Status
Not open for further replies.