Wow, i n s u r a n c e co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Holy cow, I am so surprised...The insurance adjuster came to look at and take pictures of Bob's shed and Bob...actually he took more pictures of Bob then he did Bob's shed. Anyhow, they have accepted the Bob Flood of 2011. The adjuster input the damage to his computer, the computer figured out what it would take to repair the damage, how many sheets of plywood, the cost of insulation and the labor to do it all. Then it printed out a check which was handed to me! I guess I am really old fashioned but I certainly didn't expect a check today...the whole experience took less then 45 minutes and most of that was spent watching Bob. How much fun it is to see somebody meet a big tortoise for the first time...and see how amazed they are at Bob and his shed and the way he lives...anyhow, now I need to find somebody to do the work as my contractor friend charges too much...

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
RE: Wow, insurance co.

That's great!! Haha hurricane Bob!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

:DThat is awesome.....I use to be an insurance agent for quite sometime....and I know they, the adjusters, read the claim and then said "what, a turtle did what?"....then they get there and meet up with the Royal bohemith curious Bob....what a great claim to have processed....LOL.....they will be sharing to Bob story and pics....very glad you have a great insurance carrier.....how about giving a shout out...who is your insurance carrier?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Huh, I never would have thought of claiming that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
Huh, I never would have thought of claiming that.

Someone, upon seeing the damage, told her that the insulation behind the plywood and under the floor is no longer good now that it has gotten wet. It won't have the insulating properties anymore.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I'm happy to hear that Bob's shed will be nice and cozy with new insulation before winter. Glad it worked out Maggie. Keep the Bob stories coming.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Interesting, sounds like you have a decent adjuster that like torts.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
this time water proof it

M

Maggie Cummings

ascott said:
:DThat is awesome.....I use to be an insurance agent for quite sometime....and I know they, the adjusters, read the claim and then said "what, a turtle did what?"....then they get there and meet up with the Royal bohemith curious Bob....what a great claim to have processed....LOL.....they will be sharing to Bob story and pics....very glad you have a great insurance carrier.....how about giving a shout out...who is your insurance carrier?

Foremost...they really took care of me quickly. One adjuster said we can't cover damage caused by a family pet and my adjuster said the damage wasn't caused by a pet, it was caused by water...too kewl! I am seriously impressed...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Was it an act of bob?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yup....fire is always covered (unless it is set ablaze) and water damage is too...unless it is flood water.......so way awesome....and Foremost Ins is a good and versatile carrier.....

M

Maggie Cummings

ascott said:
Yup....fire is always covered (unless it is set ablaze) and water damage is too...unless it is flood water.......so way awesome....and Foremost Ins is a good and versatile carrier.....

I have $12000 coverage on out buildings and that's what this is, Bob's shed is an out building. I call it a shed but it's almost a house with the inside finished like it is and totally insulated. The ceiling is insulated too and rounded. The check is half of what my friend quoted me, but he is a licensed contractor and the insurance adjuster says he's quoting me way too high..."almost a rip off" he says lightly. So take a lesson guys and make sure your tort out buildings are covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.