Would you try one egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi, found one egg in my tort pen.Not sure when it was laid, or if it had been too cold. Would anyone try and incubate it?
Just curious? I dug it up, there was only one, and I left it sitting in a plant just now the way it was dug up...
Thanks
Nay
(It would be from Petey RF and Jack RF)

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Why not? I found a box turtle egg this year unburied, and it hatched, Either it'll hatch or it won't.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Of course! They don't necessarily have to start incubating right off the bat. Maybe in real life the next days after it was laid the weather was cool too. It may just surprise you.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Of course! They don't necessarily have to start incubating right off the bat. Maybe in real life the next days after it was laid the weather was cool too. It may just surprise you.

:):tort::tort::):):tort::tort:

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
I'm so glad this thread isn't about trying to eat one egg. I need to stop watching Bizarre Foods.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Call me sick~O ..... but at first I thought you ment
"eating a tort egg" ......and yes I have thought about it~:rolleyes:

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Tortus said:
I'm so glad this thread isn't about trying to eat one egg. I need to stop watching Bizarre Foods.

LOL, that's what I was thinking it was going to be about. And the answer would be, heck no. The though of eating chicken eggs freaks me out enough.

Anyway, I say go for hatching it, see what happens. Can tort eggs be candled like chicken eggs to see what's going on inside?

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Haha. I've eaten chicken eggs, duck eggs, and ostrich eggs. I draw the line at reptile eggs. I had a toad fish that once laid a bunch of big bright orange eggs and they may have been good caviar, but I wouldn't try them either. :D

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Well, I set up my HOvabart and it seems to want to stay at 100%, the egg is still on my counter (same way I found it position wise) but now really not sure.
Thoughts on the hovabart? The thermometer is on the wire,make a difference?
Thanks

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tortus said:

I thought it was going to be about eating an egg to. I wouldnt eat an egg either, but I would try to incubate that 1

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
The fatty acid profile of tortoise eggs is relatively poor. In a survival situation, I would eat them. Not being in a survival situation, I would not and I would select another food item to consume.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Sorry, I will be so much clearer next time I ask a question!!!!
I would have a real difficult time eating a tort egg, or a tort for that matter.
Anyone watch the survivor show with the man and woman? She was a biologist first who studied turtles, then went on to become a news anchor, then went with her hubby to do a show on surviving on the land for a week if you were stranded. She ate just about everything!! Except they found a RF, and although they kept it for a day or so, they did let it go.. I had a great respect for her putting up a hard time on that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.