Status
Not open for further replies.

bogart20

5 Year Member
I'm pretty sure little ziggy is dead.😭
This really is the worst day ever.....

bogart20

5 Year Member
I've got other pets but the tort was my favorite.
He was sick. And I found him this morning on his back unmoving and his limbs are limp but his head is in his shell kinda...
I woke up to feed him his medicine.... Now there's not gonna be any medicine feeding...

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I am having the worst day also. A toad I have had for 3 yrs.
died today. I have been crying all day!! You are not alone.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry for both of you. Lots of deaths.i had one too, the human kind though. However mine was a blessing, no more suffering. Again, so sorry.

bogart20

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear that. Well ur not alone either. Even though it really does suck
What kinda frog?
Mine was a little baby indian star tortoise...

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
He was an American toad. I am still not sure what happened. I could tell he was sick tho. He just couldn't hold on any longer. My daughter rescued him from a pool. He was sunburned and stuck in the pool.

Yes, this does suck. Glad I am not alone. Thanx!! Hang in there!!

wellington said:
So sorry for both of you. Lots of deaths.i had one too, the human kind though. However mine was a blessing, no more suffering. Again, so sorry.

Sorry to hear about your loss too!!

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Sad day... I saw you post on Tortoise Supplies FB, did you buy your little guy from them? Unfortunately my first little guy died as well. I guess this is why hatchlings are cheap compared to tortoises that are well started out. :(

bogart20

5 Year Member
Yea I got it from there urs baby died as well??? Srry to hear. Is this pretty common? Did u get an older one after?

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
bogart20 said:
Yea I got it from there urs baby died as well??? Srry to hear. Is this pretty common? Did u get an older one after?

I don't know how common it is but I would assume the smaller they are the easier it is for them not to make it (hence the common 4inch pet rule). My first one I had shipped to me in the mail and he didn't seem to want to eat. I'm guessing it's because Tortoise Supply uses Mazuri diet and I didn't purchase that when I got him him. Anyway, he ended up eating some of his substrate in the middle of the night and I found him suffocated on it in the morning. :( I ended up buying my second one (along with Mazuri) from them at an expo in Cali while I was visiting on vacation and this one seems to be doing awesome!

It is really sad to lose one, and I noticed yours was quite a bit more pricy than mine, but I'd say give it a few months and maybe think about purchasing one a little bigger when/if you decide to.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I am sorry to hear this.

Have you raised a hatchling before?

tickle

5 Year Member
I really was hoping never to see this thread Bogart so sorry I was really pulling for you.maybe someone here or a breeder has a tort he is wiping to part with. We haughty this guy a flowerhorn once on flowerhorn craze after he was ripped off by this jerk.I am willing to pitch in 20$ if anyone else.it will be my.christmass present to you.I no there is a kind hearted breaded out there who can hook you up.I no baby Russians are easier pluss so full of personality and ship well this time of year.lets see if anyone answers.merry christmass guys lets get a smile on bogarts face.I have 20$ anyone else?

bogart20

5 Year Member
Neal said:
I am sorry to hear this.

Have you raised a hatchling before?

I have raised a sulcata from a baby. And he was healthy when I gave him up. Just a little pyramiding.
But this time it didn't go so well 😔

tickle said:
I really was hoping never to see this thread Bogart so sorry I was really pulling for you.maybe someone here or a breeder has a tort he is wiping to part with. We haughty this guy a flowerhorn once on flowerhorn craze after he was ripped off by this jerk.I am willing to pitch in 20$ if anyone else.it will be my.christmass present to you.I no there is a kind hearted breaded out there who can hook you up.I no baby Russians are easier pluss so full of personality and ship well this time of year.lets see if anyone answers.merry christmass guys lets get a smile on bogarts face.I have 20$ anyone else?

Thanks but I couldn't accept. But thank you very much and hsve a vet merry Christmas
But I am looking for a breeder from the forum I may be interested in finding a new tort maybe one thats not so hard for captivity

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Sometimes when things like this happens to us, it's good to know that there is this forum we can go to get comfort. I'm glad you're with us because we feel your pain too.

tickle

5 Year Member
No probe.try a leopard or Russian. I personally love my Russian he follows me around and is so freindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.