WInter food

LeanneW

Location (City and/or State)
Oxford
hi I am getting so much conflicting advice.

So far this winter I have been feeding my tortoise florets crispy supplemented with nutrobol daily

She is 3 months old and I can’t seem to ring anything anywhere in what else too feed.

my partner picked this up today I wondered if she can eat it or not.

Superfood mix of wild rocket, spinach, baby kale,peppercress, baby chard and beetroot.
Apart from this is there anything else she can have or to completely avoid?

When it’s the season I will pick weeds for her as they are the best.

Many Thanks
Leanne and pebble

Kelly.324

Location (City and/or State)
Durham UK
Hi,

I’ve been struggling a bit with feeding over winter, I’ve been using the crispy florette too and add in some chicory as a staple.
I then try to vary it with other bits and bobs I can find in the supermarket just for variety, so the occasional piece of cucumber, carrot tops, spinach etc (although none of these should be feed regularly).

I’ve also got some Komodo pellets and dried dandelions but my tortoise never wants to eat them but it might be worth trying with your tortoise.

I’ve also found a salad bag with edible flowers (violas) in Waitrose for 1.50, although some of the stuff in there he can’t eat so you’ll have to pick through it.

Have you tried the tortoise table? It’s a website and an app as well that has a massive database of different foods you can and can’t feed.