Winter concerns with Arlington

Leapin

Arlington is my three toed, I was given him as a rescue about a year and a half ago. He's not a very active guy and wasn't a great eater. I got him to eat box turtle meatballs for awhile. For the last 2 months he's been even more inactive and will not eat (even his favorites - cantaloupe and night crawlers. His temps are 75-79 on the warm side and low 70's on the cool side. His lights are on from 6:30a-8:30p. I've done warm soaks and veggie soaks. He stays burrowed (usually on the cooler darker side) but will occasionally switch sides, or climb up on his hide. I rarely see him basking. He's lost a few grams also. I'm not opposed to taking him to the vet- but I also realize it's not always necessary.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Youngstown, Ohio
I believe if your raise the temps to about 80 degrees all around and 95 basking, it my help, if he is trying to hybernate. I raise Russians and one three toed. They are all awake but have slowed a little bit. Good luck, maybe someone with more info will come along. But, I would try this.

Leapin

I believe if your raise the temps to about 80 degrees all around and 95 basking, it my help, if he is trying to hybernate. I raise Russians and one three toed. They are all awake but have slowed a little bit. Good luck, maybe someone with more info will come along. But, I would try this.

Thank you. I've been thinking about putting in a che on a thermostat to increase over-all temps. I'll keep the basking light and adjust fo4 95. What would you keep nights temps at?

Leapin

Thank you. I've been thinking about putting in a che on a thermostat to increase over-all temps. I'll keep the basking light and adjust for 75. What would you keep nights temps at?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Provide gentle heat overnight and leave uvb on 14 hours a day. Make sure he is warm and humid as well.