Will this enclosure do?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have considered this idea but thought it would be wrong. Would a pop up greenhouse work if the lights are hung inside? Also would putting a pop up greenhouse over/ around a watering trough be the same concept to keep ins humidity and heat?
Yes the lights have to go inside the greenhouse and yes the greenhouse can be used as the enclosure or over top another type of enclosure.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Having the lights on the outside of the enclosure will create a chimney effect that draws all your heat and humidity up and out. You need a closed chamber with all the heating and lighting inside.
I was wondering... My tortoises was started off dry and he has a little bit of pyramiding. So once I get his enclosure to hold humidity will his pyramiding go away? Or will it always be there?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I was wondering... My tortoises was started off dry and he has a little bit of pyramiding. So once I get his enclosure to hold humidity will his pyramiding go away? Or will it always be there?
What's done is done, but your tort has many years to go.
So from this point on all the new growth will begin to make the old pyramiding less evident.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The pyramiding that has already formed will never go away. As soon as conditions are correct, the new growth will start to come in smoother. This is why I come at new people with open topped enclosures so strong and with a sense of urgency. Every day that passes in a dry open topped enclosure is doing irreparable damage.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
The pyramiding that has already formed will never go away. As soon as conditions are correct, the new growth will start to come in smoother. This is why I come at new people with open topped enclosures so strong and with a sense of urgency. Every day that passes in a dry open topped enclosure is doing irreparable damage.
Thank you!