Why wont my girl eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Hi.
My female Ebt dont want to eat since 2 to 3 days...when i got her first she ate but now, im worried.
I give her nice fresh jucy earth worms,and she just walks by. Fresh strawberry,mushroom,cucumber,tomatos,radish and cook chicken....still nothing,i dont know if she eats very early in the morrning and i just dont see her, but still the other ears her worms....
What should i do about her? Is this normal? ...they stay always buried. but I still wake him up and bring him to the food, but she's not eating just the other one. please advice thank you

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know what the EBT diet is, but I would double check the items you are feeding and how often you are feeding them. I question the radish and tomatoes the most. However, like I said, I am not familiar with their diets. Hopefully someone will come along soon that does know. Good luck, hope all works out fine with her.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Try a few crickets. Boxies are true hunters they will pursue moving prey.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
It's possible that this Boxie is getting bullied, and if so, it probably won't eat. Am I correct that you have 1 male and 1 female? 99% of the time, that won't work...you need at least two females, 'cause males get very "amorous" and stay that way. My daughter's Ornates had the same issues until I found her another female (and another after that), so now Orion's "urges" are split up amongst the three and all are MUCH happier!

Put your other Boxie in another enclosure for a day or two, so this one is alone, and put 3 strawberries in the feeding dish, so you can see if they're getting eaten.

Possibly you'll need two enclosures, at least for a while.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
I have 2 females 1 male, the enclosure is huge sometimes they don't really even see each other

but I will try to separate it in there and do that what you said ,with feeding it separately. that is a very good idea

last night i left a huge tray with lots of food on there and this morning almost everything was gone but I don't know who ate it

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sandra:

I'm going to say something that has been on my mind ever since you joined the Forum. I don't mean any disrespect. And I'm not trying to be mean to you.

You joined the Forum a couple months ago and you told us that you had your sulcatas since they were babies. You asked many questions, and quite a few of us gave you links to different threads that answered all your questions, but you kept asking the same questions, as if you never read the material we referred you to.

Then you started acquiring more turtles and tortoises, and have since built up quite a collection of them. And you're talking about breeding.

In my opinion, you need to learn what you can about one species before you start collecting other kinds. Get some experience with what can and usually goes wrong, and learn how to deal with it. Read the links we gave you, and learn, learn, learn!

We've talked about the reasons why turtles and tortoises stop eating many, many times here on the Forum. When we hear that question/problem, we ask certain questions to better understand what's going wrong in your case. But, you can do some of the work too. Up at the top of every screen there is a search box and it is very easy to use. For example, just now I typed in "turtle won't eat." And I came up with 10 pages of threads where we helped people who's turtle stopped eating.

Take a look at some of those threads and see if anything fits your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.