Who knew?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
That Daytona Raceway is next to the airport? Sec pic shows the Wall( the banked oval)

You guys will never guess who I thought about seeing the track

20230811_120558.jpg
20230811_120556.jpg
20230813_105855_HDR.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yep. I knew. A few years back i drove down to Florida for a great kayaking trip in western coastal Florida. On the way back, wifey met me there in Daytona where we stayed another week.

I waited in the car phone car park for her flight to arrive.

9BAABD55-5A55-483B-9811-1519BDECBCED.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't know what all this NASCAR business is about, but that is where they have the annual Daytona Supercross!!! Ricky Carmichael himself, the GOAT, usually designs the track layout. Epic.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I was there the first week in March from 1983 until 1998 for bike week.
Every year. I'd make motel reservations for next year in advance. Go home and start building a new bike for next year.

Motorcycling was SO DIFFERENT back then. It was only real motorcyclists. And it was great.
My buddies rode every make and model you can think of. But I usually had the fastest bike.
And probably the most annoying too.
ALWAYS a Kawasaki

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
ALWAYS a Kawasaki
Yes! I had a KZ 400 a loooooong time ago. I had never ever been on a motorcycle in my life, but went and bought one. A friend rode it home for me, then I taught myself how to drive it. After I learned to ride, I went to a safety course offered by Harley Davidson. They had a plant in my hometown where they made gas tanks for the hogs.

But I liked my little KZ...KZ were my maiden name initials! Only real problem I had was that I really couldn't reach the ground very well when I stopped. The seat was too high, or my legs too short :D. I had to be very cautious when stopping so as not to make a fool of myself at a busy intersection. 🥴

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I don't know what all this NASCAR business is about, but that is where they have the annual Daytona Supercross!!! Ricky Carmichael himself, the GOAT, usually designs the track layout. Epic.
That's exactly how I feel about NASCAR. My sister says I am a BIT interested in NASCAR, a bit??? Jeffrey Dahmer was a BIT of a serial killer...lol, Dale Earnhardt was a BIT of a champion driver... (7 times champ) I leave church early on Sundays when the race starts early, I don't answer the door or phone...do not disturb me Fridays, Saturday or Sunday...I am watching NASCAR...I AM WATCHING NASCAR
images

and oh...I knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Really Tom...I don't believe that... You don't know? Not hardly

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Marks lot...i think. Kerry wanted to know why i HAD to stop for the pic.lol 20230814_091054.jpg my oldest sister taught me to road race motorcycles in the mid 70's in the mountains above Boulder Co. ( penalties for mistakes are very high) then she came to Daytona and put a handlebar into her side and came home to Md on an ambulance plane..

You would love it down here Mags, just not when it's a 100F