Whistling when breathing

Location (City and/or State)
leeds
Hi all! My hermanns is whistling when he breathes, its not cosistant but every now and again. Hes been like it for about 2 weeks, i have taken him to the vets already Nd they just told me to keep an eye out for runny nose or open mouth breathing which he has neither. Hes still very active and eats all of his food and seems himself but still whistles, is it worth another visit to the vets?

Kobe's_Staff

Southport
Hi all! My hermanns is whistling when he breathes, its not cosistant but every now and again. Hes been like it for about 2 weeks, i have taken him to the vets already Nd they just told me to keep an eye out for runny nose or open mouth breathing which he has neither. Hes still very active and eats all of his food and seems himself but still whistles, is it worth another visit to the vets?

Kobe's_Staff

Southport
Mine whistles whenever he hears my voice. If I call his name he whistles back. The wife tells me that he's been quiet all day and then when I came home and spoke he started whistling.

I spend a LOT of time with Kobe and he always seeks me out and plays with me and I think he has realised that we communicate with sound and that he can use it to get our attention. And it works.

He'll be perfectly quiet, but when he sees or hears me he will whistle and I think it is deliberate as you can tell he is forcing his breathing to make the noise when, he wasn't just a few seconds before.

Yours has probably realised that you can't understand their sign language so they're trying yours.

I could be wrong, but what I'm saying is based on my experience with Kobe and it fits. Kobe whistles on purpose and only to get my attention.