• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Mysteriously, Aladar's Kane mat disappeared! So, I need to get him a new one! Which do you prefer...and really I mean which do you swear by!?!?!? Also elaborate on which thermostat/rheostat you use!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I use the Stanfield,they are the only ones I have used, so not much help there for a comparison, but I will buy Stanfield again.I bought the Stanfield Power Control Model F911, It went bad after 3 years of use. When it stopped working I opened it up to see if there was a simple fix and found nothing but a dimmer switch inside, with two electrical outlets, so I make my own now, they work as good as the store bought ones and don't cost near as much,and never had one fail.the only thing mine don't have is the little light that shows it's on. Len

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What a smart man Len is. I will have to tell my husband that if mine ever goes out. :) I use the stanfield mat and like it. I've got to be honest and say that this is my first one so I can't say if the Kane one is good or not. I took Yvonne and Maggie's recommendation on this one and so far it's fine. I use the same thermostat as Len (of course.) I like it too.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i use stanfield matts.. never used a kane, so cant compare. I got mine at osborne-industries. pig mat. cheaper then the 'dog' ones.
and get the thermostat.. good hint on the dimmer switch.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've only ever used Stanfield with the F911 controller. Some of my Stanfield mats are still in use, along with their controllers, after about 20 years of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.