Which Forum Members Do You Personally Know?

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
I wish I lived closer, because that pipe looks very interesting to me.

I have met: Tom, Steven (bouaboua) and his wife, Irene, Robert (Got turtles), Murray (68merc), Clem, Darlene (Ladyrags), Penny, Will...I hope I'm not forgetting anyone. Senility has set in.

Go up to any commercial construction site near you where they are still doing the dirt work and ask them for a scrap piece of corrugated storm pipe. 99% of people will happily give it away so it doesn't take up space in their dumpster. If not I can always ship you a piece.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
A good question and one I'd never thought of.
I 'know' and have corresponded with many members but have only met a few in person. AllegraF and her husband Mark (super guy), CharlieM, Egyptian Dan (incredibly knowledgeable), HLogic and Tom McClellan though I've met in person and all of them are great people.
Allegra and Mark have been to my home many times as I have been to theirs.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I'm not 100% sure if my cousin is a member of the forum but she does use it, and I mean we've known each other forever :p
I don't know any other members, though I do feel connections to many because of chat. In the future I hope to meet many members, when I have a place i'd more than gladly welcome people I talk to often over and have dinner and just hang out... since no one here would judge the fact that my tortoises may have more space in the house than me lol.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
A good question and one I'd never thought of.
I 'know' and have corresponded with many members but have only met a few in person. AllegraF and her husband Mark (super guy), CharlieM, Egyptian Dan (incredibly knowledgeable), HLogic and Tom McClellan though I've met in person and all of them are great people.
Allegra and Mark have been to my home many times as I have been to theirs.

Oh nuts! I forgot D.O'Malley. Sorry DanO

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Nobody:(
I know I live near quite a few but my husband would probably frown on me meeting people from a forum. Plus, I'm just a boring soccer mom who loves animals! I did give a children's bed to an old member here but her husband picked it up. JD invited me over once and bring the kiddos to visit the cove but I just can't bring myself to it.

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Let's see.... I've met a dozen or so...
Tom, N2TORTS, Bigred, christina, kirin, ulkal, tortsRus, naturalman91, Josh, Tyler Stewart, kathyth and some others that were brief introductions at various turtle events.

What's really neat is thanks to TFO I've become friends with @KatieandKyle even though we've never officially met..Lol
I'm in OR, she's in AZ but after chatting here, switching phone numbers and then talking/texting... we've become friends on more than just a turtle level ;)

Lol, we do have a lot in common! We would have made fantastic neighbors but probably would have had to charge admission to our zoo! Maybe someday @TeamGomberg will wind up in the warmth of Arizona sun! She's going to have to come out and see Elmo at some point! Lol

My little Kasidee and I have had the pleasure of meeting Will and Tom at the conference here in Phoenix. We were picking up a Leo hatchling from @Will !! Our second from him that are absolutely gorgeous and growing like crazy! We couldn't be more thankful for @Tom postings and the guidance from the members that I have been able to chat with about our loving torts and their experiences with husbandry. @TeamGomberg fields most of my ideas or concerns! Lol poor girl! ;)

Overall we have had a great experience with anyone we have come in contact with, verbally or in person from TFO!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Overall we have had a great experience with anyone we have come in contact with, verbally or in person from TFO!

Oh no! Don't say that. You'll ruin my reputation as a know-it-all, mean, overbearing, god-complex carrying, intolerant, unkind jerk. :p