Where to buy veggies/greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

pspryu101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Left Coast :)
I'm trying to be as varied and mixed with my baby RF but it's hard when I can't find veggies or leafy greens anywhere? Such as Grape Leaves, Hibiscus(blooms & leaves), Dandelion Greens (this one i can scavenge in my yard so no problem), Curly Endive(not belgian)/Chicory, Escarole and Collard Greens (i know they have this at the store). Does most of their diet you can just scavenge and find outside or do you purchase them at a store? If so where can I get them? Retail stores such as safeway,raleys,walmart, etc. seem to just carry basic stuff. Any name brand stores out there? Thanks

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
pspryu101 said:
I'm trying to be as varied and mixed with my baby RF but it's hard when I can't find veggies or leafy greens anywhere? Such as Grape Leaves, Hibiscus(blooms & leaves), Dandelion Greens (this one i can scavenge in my yard so no problem), Curly Endive(not belgian)/Chicory, Escarole and Collard Greens (i know they have this at the store). Does most of their diet you can just scavenge and find outside or do you purchase them at a store? If so where can I get them? Retail stores such as safeway,raleys,walmart, etc. seem to just carry basic stuff. Any name brand stores out there? Thanks

most people grow their own food. if you can't do that, then scavenge it from a pesticide free area. grocery store bought greens are okay, just wash them first. you could also go to your local nursery and see what they have. as for brand, it doesn't matter, just organic is best.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
When I have to offer supplemental foods....I will always purchase from health food store that offer organic...sometimes stater bros. has some organic spring mix,...as well ast Winco :D

pspryu101

5 Year Member
Left Coast :)
ascott said:
When I have to offer supplemental foods....I will always purchase from health food store that offer organic...sometimes stater bros. has some organic spring mix,...as well ast Winco :D

Do they carry curly endive or hibiscus of some sort? Not sure if we have those stores here in the NorCal

[/quote]
most people grow their own food. if you can't do that, then scavenge it from a pesticide free area. grocery store bought greens are okay, just wash them first. you could also go to your local nursery and see what they have. as for brand, it doesn't matter, just organic is best.
[/quote]

Maybe I'll grow some out in my outdoor enclosure. i'm guessing seeds for them can be bought at lowes,home depot or probably local nursery? How long does it take for them to grow though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.